Free Website Builder

Discussion in 'Blogs, Wikis, and other CMP's' started by Ashley S, Jul 5, 2016.

1. Ashley S

Ashley S Adherent

+115
    Has anyone here used a Free Website Builder before such as Wix, WordPress, Webs and more.
    If so what did you think of it, would you use it again or do you still use it currently?

2. Klaatu

Klaatu Fan

+506
    I used Blogger a lot in my early affiliate marketing days and later HubPages. I tried Wix out of curiosity and it's very nice actually, but I prefer having full control of my sites, so I always use WP for any new projects.

3. zappaDPJ

zappaDPJ Administrator

+3,810
    I use WordPress a lot and I would recommend it. It's relatively simple to use but potentially very powerful. A huge plus point is you can usually Google a solution for any issues that might occur.

4. PoetJC

PoetJC ♠ Black Jacq! Give Me My Coins!! ♠

+4,524
    Another WordPress fan here.
    It's a truly awesome script with a myriad of plugins (both free & premium) to accomplish most functionality any website would need.

J.

5. Ashley S

Ashley S Adherent

+115
    Are you guys talking about the self hosted WordPress or the free hosting WordPress website? - www.wordpress.com

6. Leafy

Leafy Aspirant

+4
    I've used Blogger a lot in the past but made the switch to self hosted Wordpress for my main blog a few years ago. Very easy to set up & customise with only minimal programming knowledge.

7. Indianparents

Indianparents Adherent

+104
    I am using self hosted wordpress for my articles (link in signature). It is easy to use and customize.

8. PoetJC

PoetJC ♠ Black Jacq! Give Me My Coins!! ♠

+4,524
    I thought that may be a consideration to the question you've posed as for 'free website builder' ...
    Me personally - I'm speaking of self-hosted WP sites...

J.

9. zappaDPJ

zappaDPJ Administrator

+3,810
    Self hosted. It's easy to install and maintain, a one click solution is available with many hosting packages.

10. Ashley S

Ashley S Adherent

+115
    Never been a blog fan.
    WordPress self-hosted does seem best bet though have your own plugins, themes etc.

Maybe one day I'll install WordPress for the fun of it mess around with themes and plugins.

11. PeterH

PeterH Participant

+2
    The primary concern with WordPress is that a lot of tools/plugins may not be built by good developers. Using a poorly built plugin may slow down your website performance, cause conflicts or worst, crash your website.
    With Wix, everything is tested and controlled by their private development team to ensure quality, and they also have good, centralized support functions.

12. Opkilts

Opkilts Aspirant

+3
    Never really liked "free" because of the very strict restrictions

13. Shinjiru

Shinjiru Aspirant

+12
    I prefer Wix

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted