free invision support?

Discussion in 'Getting Started' started by kermit_criminal, Jul 21, 2004.

1. kermit_criminal

kermit_criminal Participant

+0
    where can you get free invision support? i have a phpbb forum and im thinking about converting to invision if i can find a site with free support :help:

2. wizard1974uk

wizard1974uk Tazmanian Gremlin

+20
    www.invionise.com are a mod site for invision, don't know whether they do any unofficial support though.

3. Scribbller

Scribbller The dude

+1
  4. Transverse Styles

Transverse Styles Participant

+1
    • Like Like x 1
  5. wizard1974uk

wizard1974uk Tazmanian Gremlin

+20
    Thanks for that link. :)

I've repped you. :)

6. Transverse Styles

+1
    Repped as in reported? :eek:

Not sure what you mean. No problem for the link, but it's the best free help Website I could find. I don't use it, but I know a ton of people who do. :)

7. vB Floris

vB Floris vbfans.com

+24
    vB comes with free support, imagine that :)

8. kermit_criminal

kermit_criminal Participant

+0
  9. Scribbller

Scribbller The dude

+1
    Please dont turn this into another VB vs IPB thread I know how much you people adore VB no need to tell us over and over.

10. Jagg

Jagg Adherent

+3
    I believe he means free support without registering the product. You see, if an unregistered user asks any IPB related questions he will most likely end up reading "the poem" we all know and love.

I hope this clears things up.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2004
  11. Transverse Styles

+1
    floris, IPB would come with free support in your context. IPB under a trial license does not come with support. I believe you have to pay for vBulletin and you get complementary support?

12. vB Floris

vB Floris vbfans.com

+24
    You get professional support for free by users who got trained on the software and are under contract. complementary sounds like a side effect (you are lucky if they reply to a question). Which isn't the case, we respond to each question and all questions within reasonable time and average response time is on a daily basis below 30 minutes.

13. Hostbidder

Hostbidder Participant

+0
    I use an unregistered IPB for my forum and have received excellent and prompt support from www.invisionize.com.

Fergal

14. Scribbller

Scribbller The dude

+1
    Same here hostbidder.

15. Transverse Styles

+1
    floris, IPS responds to all of their customer questions too. It's basically the same as vBulletin/JelSoft.

No one "gets lucky" :)

16. Cardene

Cardene Adherent

+2
    I think he means he has added to your reputation. ;-)

17. GeorgeB.

GeorgeB. ............

+110
    How does IPS feel about all those free support sites?

Do they plan to do anything about that? vB doesn't allow free supports like that am I right?

18. big_k105

big_k105 Participant

+0
    i dont see what they could do really to stop ppl from sharing there knowlegde about the software really. but who knows maybe they do have ways to stop it :)

o and invision doesnt care cause they list alot of the free support sites on there main site :)
    http://www.invisionboard.com/?resources

Last edited: Jul 23, 2004
  19. Scribbller

Scribbller The dude

+1
    I heard they had some problems with ibplanet that is why it closed down but I am not sure about this.

20. big_k105

big_k105 Participant

+0
    actually ibplanet didnt close they just got a new domain and a new design for there site it is now www.invisionize.com if you where a member at ibplanet you can log into invisionize :)

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted