Forumotion or zetaboards ???

Discussion in 'Free Hosted Forums' started by Y2J, Aug 15, 2013.

1. Y2J

Y2J Enthusiast

+6
  2. GTB

GTB Tazmanian

+1,045
    Well if it's true ZetaBoards have been banned by Facebook, thought I read somebody say it is? Then you should avoid using ZetaBoards if you're planning to use Facebook to promote your forum. Not sure if that's true or not though?

3. Y2J

Y2J Enthusiast

+6
    thanks but need more advices score f-1 vs 0-z

4. meetdilip

meetdilip Tazmanian Master

+733
    I tried Zeta boards for a pet project and found that I cannot share the link in Facebook. Then I made one of Forumation which I was able to share on FB. But I think Icyboards is much better. Also came across smfnew.com .

Last edited: Aug 15, 2013
  5. GTB

GTB Tazmanian

+1,045
    My view. I would not use ZetaBoards (yes, I've tried it ages ago). It's not bad looking, has some nice featues. But the URL structure is terrible and if problems using it with Facebook, not worth it.

InvisionFree - uses dated IPB forum software, it's also owned I think by same company running ZetaBoards, as the option is there to convert InvisionFree to ZetaBoards in Admin CP.

MyBB Free - It's really "too dated" a forum software now, to consider using above something like the new ProBoards V5 forum software. It's miles better than MyBB and uses better, more modern ways of doing things with jQuery e.t.c.

6. Y2J

Y2J Enthusiast

+6
    not other software but only Forumotion or zetaboards thanks.

7. GTB

GTB Tazmanian

+1,045
    In that case, neither then. ForumMotion offers you to use a few forum scripts, but they are all outdated for today. ZetaBoards, already said why No.

8. Darth_Apple

Darth_Apple Adherent

+24
    I wouldn't really recommend forumotion personally. It is very difficult to move your forum once you have established it with them, so if your forum outgrows what they can offer, you're out of luck for the most part. They also haven't really updated much in the last several years. Development has been pretty stagnant with them lately.

Have you considered icyboards? It is a little harder to set up a forum with them considering they are a MyBB host, but they are very powerful and have a lot of features built in. They also offer database exports for $20, which is a huge plus.

9. meetdilip

+733
    Invision at forumation is nothing like new version of IPB.

10. Train

Train Bookworm Moderator

+32
    There are a lot of options out there that would allow you to acquire a forum with all of the fixings, a much better URL structure and the ability to actually own your content besides the two in question here. I wouldn't limit myself to these two personally both from a spectators point of view and as a former user on both ends. Neither one are very friendly to use.

11. Y2J

Y2J Enthusiast

+6
    thanks for advice guys bu plz tell me final answer.

12. meetdilip

+733
    Between forumotion and Zeta board, Forumotion.

13. Y2J

Y2J Enthusiast

+6
    tahnks guys but check out mobile version of forumotion look 3rd class

14. Train

Train Bookworm Moderator

+32
    May I ask what it was that you were expecting?
    Can I also ask why you're insistent on the two choices you've provided?

15. GTB

GTB Tazmanian

+1,045
    You might be interested to read this about Forumotion. Follow the links in the thread as well. Hmm... looks like you've stopped links to certain other Admin forums from being posted here, so will have to paste the message.

Last edited: Aug 17, 2013
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.