Forum news system

Discussion in 'Forum Software Development' started by Mike123, Jul 10, 2019.

1. Mike123

Mike123 Neophyte

+0
    Hi guys,

I'm trying to find the right forum software that will allow me to have a homepage with news in the style of TTG other than Wordpress is there away to do this?

2. we_are_borg

we_are_borg Administrator

+2,120
    If you want to have a similar look then i would look into Xenforo with the add-on Article Management System (AMS) or IPS with IP.Community and IP.Pages. But to get the dame look would mean a custom style.

• Appreciation Appreciation x 1
    • List
  3. Mike123

Mike123 Neophyte

+0
    Is the Xenforo addon free? last time I looked at IP it made you pay per month for the forum software.

4. Joel R

Joel R Fan

+757
    There's a self hosted option where you buy once to get a license.

You probably only looked at the cloud option.

Last edited: Jul 11, 2019
    • List
  5. we_are_borg

we_are_borg Administrator

+2,120
    Go here https://invisioncommunity.com/buy/self-hosted/ for self hosted the one you are looking for is Pages for articles. The Xenforo one is not free AMS is very extended you can find it here https://xenaddons.com

• List
  6. Mike123

Mike123 Neophyte

+0
    Thank you very much guys I'm going to demo them both and report back I did not see that you can self host IP I feel so stupid wow. This is one of the few times Google as sent me to a site and I've left knowing what to do I will stick around.

7. Joel R

Joel R Fan

+757
    The Pages application is actually one of the most powerful apps for Invision Community. It actually allows you to build unlimited databases of whatever you want: databases of guides, databases of news articles, databases of items, etc -- each with their own custom template.

The other benefit is that it's a first party app, which means it's directly supported and maintained as part of your license.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.