Forum Ideas

Discussion in 'Getting Started' started by zone99, May 30, 2011.

1. zone99

zone99 Win $30, in my website

+1
    I'm in need of an idea for a forum. I've got the software/licence for Xenforo and just need an idea now. Anyone got one? I've tried:

• Gaming Forum
    • Coding Forum
    • Design Forum

And that's basically it. Thanks,

- Insert my username that I forgot here -

2. gogoblender

gogoblender shiny happy pantless

+410
    Welcome to Taz, Scott

Do you have an expertise in something, or is there hobbies in your life that you want to write about on a forum?

:)

gogo

3. SEOWarrior

SEOWarrior Enthusiast

+1
    I agree do a forum that is something you enjoy doing dont just do one for the money. Because your the one going to be going on other forums and advertising it and also you will be starting threads in your own forum and posting as well. I would just find your own interest.

4. zone99

zone99 Win $30, in my website

+1
    Hey thanks for the replies. The only problem with that is no one would join a coding forums since there's already like 50 popular ones. Surfing? No thanks. Gaming too many to count.

5. MattF

MattF Developer

+53
    No-one can realistically give you an idea for a forum. If you trying doing something you know jack about, it'll reflect in your content, and that will reflect in your success. You need to pick subjects you enjoy and whittle the options down from there.

Last edited: May 30, 2011
  6. ashimashi

ashimashi Far Away

+6
    A general chat forum or a gaming forum. Those are the most popular.

7. Tim1456

Tim1456 Supreme Inquisitor

+8
    Just a few quick ideas:

A gaming related forum focusing on something special which is nowhere else available or at least rare to find.

A products review forum where people can share their opinion about any kinds of products.

A website review forum where people can post reviews about websites.

A blacklist forum where people can post reasoning / reviews about harming services, websites, businesses, (products too?), government organizations and such.

A forum about nature and sustainable growth / environment conservation.

• Like Like x 1
  8. bluesky

bluesky Adherent

+6
    But why do you have such an idea in the first place? If your web audiences find informative and original contents on your forum, they would definitely bookmark your URL and sign up with accounts as their 51st bulletin board.

Take a look at number of discussion forums in web development fields, you can actually find hundreds of them but there is still room for innovation and creativity. Every subject can turn out to get materialized through a world famous bulletin board, provided that you have the knowledge, expertise, patience and materials to promote it.

9. lanmonkey

lanmonkey Aspirant

+0
    then find a niche. gaming on iphone? coding wordpress plugins? Look at the longtails

10. gogoblender

gogoblender shiny happy pantless

+410
    These are great ideas Tim. Relevant, fresh and doable.

I like your thinking!

+++

:)

gogo

11. Tim1456

Tim1456 Supreme Inquisitor

+8
    Yes those were my reasoning when coming up with these subjects. Glad you like them.

If someone accomplishes any of them be sure to let us (especially me) know about it, would be good to see someone creates a related forum / website, interesting subjects and seem quite useful too.

If gaming is your thing also consider this post by me with good proposals:

http://www.theadminzone.com/forums/showpost.php?p=582711&postcount=16

This may be put into good use too.

So as gogoblender would say:

gogo

;)

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted