Follow TAZ on Social Media!

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by Justin, Apr 29, 2015.

1. Justin

Justin *Insert witty title here*

+786
    Many of you may have noticed that The Admin Zone has never really been focused on keeping up with social media. I'm happy to let you know that this is something that will no longer be said! As of today we have launched three social media sites that we believe will help connect you to TAZ and the community! We're eager to watch these sites grow and use them to communicate with our members and guests. Check them out, and be sure to follow us!

Google Pages | Facebook | Twitter*

*Do note that our twitter account has changed - if you've followed us previously, please visit and follow our new account above.

• Like Like x 5
    • Informative! Informative! x 1
    • List
  2. OptimusVault

OptimusVault Participant

+10
    I have liked and followed you :)

3. m0ldy

m0ldy Participant

+8
    Cool man, I will check it out.

4. Ashley S

Ashley S Adherent

+117
    I have followed.

5. Empire

Empire Devotee

+501
    Someone needs to keep them active. #Dead

6. happysurf

happysurf Aspirant

+1
    i have joined the FB group but the group does not seems to be active that much

7. agandl

agandl Fan

+232
    I never thought to see the day :eek:

And it's been going on for 2yrs without my noticing - obviously not here often enough :oops:

8. Paul M

Paul M Dr Pepper Addict

+1,598
    The FB group has been going a lot longer than 2 years, I joined it in sometime 2012, not long after it was created.

9. Julie Encabo

Julie Encabo Aspirant

+22
    Awesome! Will check it out.

10. PoetJC

PoetJC ❤ Jacq Owns The Beanstalk ❤

+4,653
    But there's close to nothing being added to TAZ's social media pages. I've joined the FB group and have rarely seen any content come across my feed since joining when it was first announced. #Dead seems accurate. Perhaps it may be a good idea to "hire" a few social media curators/moderators as to keep the pages/groups active, with new content being added regularly. Could also drum up folks interest in actually visiting TAZ and posting in the forums.

J.

11. Paul M

Paul M Dr Pepper Addict

+1,598
    I have posted on it a couple of time this year when the site has died, but Brandon is they only one who ever comments, so I think "dead" is pretty accurate.

12. BrandonSheley

BrandonSheley loving life

+860
    Feel free to post something in the group ;)

13. skrinkle

skrinkle Cat Mom

+52
    I don’t have Facebook but I just started using twitter. I’ll go check out the TAZ page :noppid:

14. Ummagumma

Ummagumma Adherent

+186
    Twitter hasn’t been touched for two years though.. :p

15. agandl

agandl Fan

+232
    I know that now Paul MPaul M - I went and had a look. I joined in 2013 (can't believe how much time has passed) and it must have been going well before but I never even thought about it - never liked FB but now I have a couple of groups and a page to support Pawsitively Terriers. I still don't like it but needs must :(

16. LeadCrow

LeadCrow Apocalypse Admin

+1,837
    Twitter's a though nut to crack for websites. You're limited in the ways you can use it, like announcing new content and riding hashtags.

17. Ummagumma

Ummagumma Adherent

+186
    Twitter is very hard to get going. We have about 20k followers, but it's very hard to get there. Have to have something that really sells.

18. LeadCrow

LeadCrow Apocalypse Admin

+1,837
    Following projects or specific users with interesting personalities seems to work better. Sites often only post maintainance updates and related.

19. Ummagumma

Ummagumma Adherent

+186
    Hmm we do it slightly differently which is probably why we gained a fair few of followers. But definitely, you need to rub with others and get mixed content flying out. We post about all sorts but every single one (okay give or take) is to do with our site. :)