Flarum - a Discourse clone or is it a better PHP forum solution?

s.molinari

Leader of Skooppa
I searched for the word "flarum" here and was surprised it was never mentioned.

At any rate, it looks like it is following Discourse a bit in style and UX. Though, I like Flarum more already, and just used it for about 5 minutes. It seems it isn't as opinionated as Discourse is, from what I can tell from my first impression.

http://flarum.org/

Still, it looks interesting.

Scott

ozzy47

Tazmanian Master
It is, unless you are in a forum, if you do a search from the home page, or any page not in a forum, it is unchecked.

s.molinari

Leader of Skooppa
It's hidiously designed and severely lacking.

I agree with the lacking, but hideously designed? It is clean and unobtrusive, which seems to be the trend lately. And, as is with any good software, the design is customizable.

Scott

s.molinari

Leader of Skooppa
Oh, and I think the trend comes from sites attempting to be as "mobile friendly" as possible more than anything else.

Scott

Digital Phoenix

Coffee Ninja
When I see thngs like flarum/discourse I automatically think, dumbed down software for simpletons.

cheat_master30

Fanatic
When I see thngs like flarum/discourse I automatically think, dumbed down software for simpletons.

Which is a pretty good summary of todays internet users. Simple minded and too stupid to figure out how anything works outside of Facebook. Best to ignore most of them.