First Web design

Maxxamillion

Gaming Geek
Could i possibly get some feedback on this webdesign i am doing, any ways to improve would be greatful thanks

876s.png

meetdilip

Tazmanian Master
Pretty decent. I think all gaming forums like a bit darkish colour theme.

PoetJC

⚧ Jacquii: Kween of Hearts ⚧
Looks good Maxine!

I've a couple suggestions which you can take or leave... 1st. I think the content background would look better if a solid color or a gradient. This way there's a greater contrast between the body background texture and the content background... 2nd. I would fix the spacing of the 3 blocks directly beneath the slider. I think it would look better to have the same (or similar) spacing as the blocks beneath it. If that is not possible - I would resize and make that particular section 4 blocks, with the same spacing.

Anyway - just nitpicking - but you asked :p --- I think you've done a wonderful job with it though!

J.

cheat_master30

Fanatic
It looks pretty nice, although I'd be more interested in seeing how it's coded than anything else. Got a sample showing it as more than a picture mockup?

Maxxamillion

Gaming Geek
Looks good Maxine!

I've a couple suggestions which you can take or leave... 1st. I think the content background would look better if a solid color or a gradient. This way there's a greater contrast between the body background texture and the content background... 2nd. I would fix the spacing of the 3 blocks directly beneath the slider. I think it would look better to have the same (or similar) spacing as the blocks beneath it. If that is not possible - I would resize and make that particular section 4 blocks, with the same spacing.

Anyway - just nitpicking - but you asked :p --- I think you've done a wonderful job with it though!

J.

Thank you j, yea i did notice the spacing myself after it can always change that, ive also had lots of people mention the background but they have all be different comment haha so i guess i could go in many directions with that.

I love it! It's simple, content based, and modern. :D

thank you :D

It looks pretty nice, although I'd be more interested in seeing how it's coded than anything else. Got a sample showing it as more than a picture mockup?

unfortunately no, i cant code to save my life, never looked into it to be honest it seems complicated

lisabrown

Neophyte
Wow! This looks pretty cool!
The design is simple yet suitable for a gaming site.
Unlike other gaming sites which has chaotic designs and makes it hard for the player to find the links that they want to click.

s.molinari

Leader of Skooppa
I like it too. I think Jaquii was also getting to the only thing that catches my eye in a negative way and that is the striping through the background and the content area. I'd say choose between the one or the other to have the stripes, but not both. To me, leave them in the background, if you have to have them.

Other than that, a really good start!:)

Scott

Last edited:

s.molinari

Leader of Skooppa
Ah, one other thing and more a UX thing, but, drop anything like "Click to view". It shouldn't really be necessary to make that kind of a "call to action" for standard UI elements and adds unnecessary clutter. Anything on a front page (or any other page for that matter) should be obvious through the UI that it is "clickable" (like with a simple, very modest mouse over effect) and thus its details (or something very interesting behind the click) are "viewable".;)

Scott

Maxxamillion

Gaming Geek
Ah, one other thing and more a UX thing, but, drop anything like "Click to view". It shouldn't really be necessary to make that kind of a "call to action" for standard UI elements and adds unnecessary clutter. Anything on a front page (or any other page for that matter) should be obvious through the UI that it is "clickable" (like with a simple, very modest mouse over effect) and thus its details (or something very interesting behind the click) are "viewable".;)

Scott

the stripes are just for copyright they are not apart of the design :p

Maxxamillion

Gaming Geek
Wow! This looks pretty cool!
The design is simple yet suitable for a gaming site.
Unlike other gaming sites which has chaotic designs and makes it hard for the player to find the links that they want to click.

thanks for the kind words

-----

Ps sorry for double post i thought it would merge ha

RPmedia

Neophyte
Actually it looks ok, but I feel like emptiness. As a gaming site/magazine it should be bit animates or picture, colorful theme. Also comment for logo: Use anything theme related.

sonurey

Aspirant
I saw such templates on free css template zone, you must come up with better innovative one.