Feedback Question FF blocking TAZ, says Invalid OCSP

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Feedback' started by Anton Chigurh, Apr 22, 2018.

1. Anton Chigurh

Anton Chigurh Ultimate Badass

+992
    And magically, it's corrected! I am back with my dinosaur FF install and have made NO changes. Site is now working just fine for me.

2. Paul M

Paul M Limeade Addict

+2,230
    Its working for me now (still at work :() but using Firefox (which was failing earlier).

I did do more digging earlier, and found a couple of posts on other sites that said it just magically fixed itself, they put this down to the server caching something.

3. Shimei

Shimei Fan

+289
    Been running into the same issue with Firefox. Just for FYI.

Just curious, is this only happening to Conservatives? :morganna:

I mean, perhaps this site isn't secure from a Conservative standpoint? J/king!

4. Anton Chigurh

+992
    I prefer to put it down to just plain ole magic.
    Apparently it was stripe agnostic, since I'm no conservative by any stretch, and from what I know of Paul he's not either. He's just a slimey Brit.:)

It was happening to old fuddy-duds who still want to run their reliable, trusty dinosaur OS's and FF installs.

5. Shimei

Shimei Fan

+289
    That explains his "brashness". :D

When someone comes onto my community and they are to the point, hold no punches, and overly in your face.... I always expect to see them located in Britain. :ROFLMAO:

Enjoy, fellas,
    William

Last edited: Apr 24, 2018
  6. djbaxter

djbaxter Tazmanian Veteran

+463
    Paul has always been known for being blunt. That's part of his charm. Or maybe that's what he has instead of charm. :D

You can get away with that if you can back it up with knowledge though.

As someone born in England, I usually admire that trait. It's possible I have some of the trait myself, although I believe most people would describe me as the most pleasant fellow they have ever met. :)

I have a suspicion that some sites just randomly block Paul to wind him up. :unsure:

7. Matthew S

Matthew S Adherent

+189
    I had the same issue. Not just FF, but also Konqueror, and an ancient version of Opera Mobile on my cell phone. All now work again.

8. Anton Chigurh

+992
    I'm very blunt. And don't mind bluntness at all from others.

9. Paul M

Paul M Limeade Addict

+2,230
    I'm finding the site slow atm, and has been intermittantly all day (from home & work)

10. Anton Chigurh

+992
    Yep, loads a little slow here too.

11. djbaxter

djbaxter Tazmanian Veteran

+463
    No issues here.

Firefox >> Options >> Privacy & Security >> Certificates
    • When a server requests your personal certificate, Select one automatically
    • Query OCSP responder servers to confirm the current validity of certificates = unchecked (no)
    Try that.

12. zappaDPJ

zappaDPJ Administrator

+5,405
    TAZ has been slow for me as well on an intermittent basis but so have a few other sites.

13. Anton Chigurh

+992
    Probably just fine for newer FF installations. My dinosaur FF52 doesn't have this. In FF52 it is tools>options>advanced>certificates - and I have never had "Query OCSP responder" box checked anyway.
    We know what to do, but there was nothing we could do. It wasn't a end-user problem.

It's sorted anyway. Magic prevailed.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.