Feedback On My YouTube Channel?

Discussion in 'Internet and Technology' started by WebTech, Apr 19, 2017.

1. WebTech

WebTech Neophyte

+5
    Hey guys now I know what you probably thinking...

Here is another one of those guys trying to self promote there YouTube channel but the thing is my channel is dedicated around forum platforms mainly XenForo. I used to be an active YouTuber back in the day but now im uploading again I wanted to share with you guys and get some feedback on my videos. My 2 main videos are my ethical hacking vids but the past day or two I started making some XenForo tutorials on how to setup XenForo and also how to install a theme really basic tutorials but we all gotta start somewhere!

Looking forward to hearing your feedback.

2. Joeychgo

Joeychgo TAZ Administrator

+2,889
    subscribed. Ill be watching to see what you do with it

3. WebTech

WebTech Neophyte

+5
    Thank you!

I havnt made videos in a while so im a little rusty :tup:

4. Joeychgo

+2,889
    A few suggestions...

1. Make some videos explaining how to install and setup specific addons so that the admin can get the most out of them. (kind of like your recent cloudfare video -- but on addons like Xenporta or Showcase) Often addons don't include detailed how to's --- This will bring newer admins to your page, and possibly get the addon creators to share your videos on their addon page on XF. Also maybe do things like suggested addons and why you suggest them.

2. Make several videos explaining to USERS how to use various site functions.
    Start basic, like:
    • How to start a thread
    • How to upload photos
    • How to use text formatting
    • How to create a signature
    • How to setup your profile
    Stuff like that. Things an admin can post on their site to instruct their users on how to perform various functions.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2017
  5. WebTech

WebTech Neophyte

+5
    Thanks for your feedback, I will definitely work on those things.

6. diadi

diadi Enthusiast

+66
    Second that! My user base is mainly 50-70 year old men. :cautious: Dealing with 1800+ active grandpas on a forum per month will make you want to slam your head into a wall at times...would be much easier to slam their heads into one of your videos.

"How do I create an account?"
    "How do I reset my password?"
    "How do I upload (and change/delete) an avatar."
    "How do I mention members in a post." (It's not just "some Twitter thing".)
    "How do I quote (and selective quote/multi-quote) other members?" (with explanation that you must type outside of the quote BB brackets)
    "What does everything in the text toolbar do?"
    "How do I edit a post."
    "How do I delete a post."
    "How do I delete a post rating?" (Post rating add-on.)

All could be short videos (knocked out quickly) and put under a "Xenforo User" playlist.

I see you are starting off with the basics for XF admin and cPanel type stuff. Were you planning on getting into more advanced/server setup type stuff with cPanel/WHM?

Edit: FYI, subscribed.

7. Joeychgo

+2,889
    Um.. Between several sites I have about 100,000 of those.... (Classic Mopar guys) My head has a big dent in it!

8. WebTech

WebTech Neophyte

+5
    Thanks for subscribing i will be making basic videos to start and will just go with the flow really becuase a dude commented on one of the vids asking how to setup Cloudflare so i made a tutorial i basically just work off requests for now.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted