Featured Member?

kal

Participant
Hi all,

I was thinking of implementing a "member of the month" or "featured member" on my board. Has anyone done something like that? I'd like to get some ideas.

Thanks!

snowgoose

Adherent
Hmmm things like this do work, but they would have to be planned and mak sure the posts or whatever arent spam

palmstrom

Aspirant
Hi,
I've been thinking about this for quite a bit of time, never dared to do it tho - I cannot come up with a compelling reason to do it. Why do you want do it at your site? Show a positive example? Reward the power user? Attract people to interesting thread?
And how do you select the people in a fashion that the rest (of the power users, perhaps) doesn't feel left out?
This is not critics - I honestly don't have answers myself :)
Cheers
Dan

kal

Participant
Hi,
I've been thinking about this for quite a bit of time, never dared to do it tho - I cannot come up with a compelling reason to do it. Why do you want do it at your site? Show a positive example? Reward the power user? Attract people to interesting thread?
And how do you select the people in a fashion that the rest (of the power users, perhaps) doesn't feel left out?
This is not critics - I honestly don't have answers myself :)
Cheers
Dan
Well, my thinking was to select a member each month based on their contributions to the board and to our "profession". I and the staff would pick someone and each month and post reasons why they were selected. The rest of the members would post congratulations. I'm open to ideas!

Thanks!

leannet

Enthusiast
We done this on my site we called it "(membername) in the spotlight" and each week that member was in the spotlight and all other members could ask that person questions to get to kn ow them better and they at the end of the week they chose the next person to be in the spotlight.

It was very successful for about 6 months then everyone got bored and tired with it.