Fashion store online

Discussion in 'eCommerce' started by Saraí Esparza, Sep 28, 2016.

1. Saraí Esparza

Saraí Esparza Neophyte

+0
    Hey guys!

I would like to start selling clothes for girls on the internet but do not know where to start. I mean the beginning of the page. Where could you do it? How do I start? Any advice?

Sorry for bad english.

2. PoetJC

PoetJC ♠ Jacquii: Black Kween of Hearts ♠

+5,257
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  3. LordOfSpoon

LordOfSpoon I Am Spoon!

+77
    Apart from creating a domain name and purchasing web hosting? As PoetJC stated Wordpress is the way to go. There is a lot of support backing it which will help when you run into issues. A quick Google search will provide you with a lot of options on themes and plugins to customize your store.

4. NuWebHosting.com

NuWebHosting.com Enthusiast

+26
    There are plenty of Ecommerce solutions, as said above, woocomerce is but one, some others, Zen Cart, Magento, Virtue Mart to name a few. Depending on how you approach and by the sounds of it, you are not very familiar with tech. You'll need to have one of these scripts installed, designed, and necessary modules implemented, once that part is done, then the fun part starts, " loading your products " within your store. Think of it as a brick and mortar business. First you need land, which in the technical world means Web Hosting, you'll need an address, which in the technical world means a web address or domain name, you'll need a store, which in the technical world means, " the ecommerce software ", once that is all done, you'll need shelves within your store correct? In the technical world, you'll need to categorize your store, i.e. your menu system, then you'll need to load your inventory on your shelves, right? Again in the technical world, meaning you'll need to create your products within your ecommerce store. in a real world store, how would you accept payments, give receipts, issue refunds? in the technical world, you'll need a payment processor, and once everything is in place, you'll need to market and bring people to your web store for what you are selling. Most importantly do not forget your store policies and rules.

5. Saraí Esparza

Saraí Esparza Neophyte

+0

Thanks dude!!! I appreciate your words!!

6. Saraí Esparza

Saraí Esparza Neophyte

+0
    Do you really think Wordpress is a good option to start? I had never considered that.

7. LordOfSpoon

LordOfSpoon I Am Spoon!

+77
    Sorry for the late reply, I seemed to have over looked your quote! :( Anyways...yes Wordpress is a great software to start with! There is a vast amount of plugins and support articles if need be. When creating an online store a good one is Woocommerce or EDD (easy digital downloads) Woo is nice but EDD is my favorite. The only downside is the cost of EDD, the template are around $60 and the plugins go up to $300. But they are quality and preform. Also looks great on the front end which is a major plus.

8. NuWebHosting.com

NuWebHosting.com Enthusiast

+26
    Anytime, you'll find alot of good help here. Good luck with your project. If you need anymore advice, ask away. :)

9. Drastic

Drastic Habitué

+625
    amazon. ebay.

10. Alex.

Alex. The Ancient Dragon

+1,171
    Shopify. It's about the only service I'd recommend these days.

11. PeterH

PeterH Participant

+3
    Amazon meets your needs.

12. Shelleytimer

Shelleytimer Neophyte

+0
    Hi, have you considered an ecommerce solution for your fashion store Saraí EsparzaSaraí Esparza ? Others are correct, you should choose the right platform for your online shop. You may try Shopify, they are good in selling clothings.

13. Samaira Singh

Samaira Singh Neophyte

+0
    Using Wordpress, Shopify, Magento will need sound technological knowledge. In case you dont have much knowledge of technical stuff, you can get your website developed by technicians and can make changes in the future on your own. Making small changes would be easy but developing a website can be tough. Also, there are many other platforms you can use to develop websites without much knowledge of coding. <removed> provides one such platform with millions of themes to choose from. You can try that too!

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 17, 2018
  14. mausin12991

mausin12991 Aspirant

+0
    Ecommerce store is one among the most effective during this trending world. You can hire WooCommerce Developer. You can suggest them how your actual idea of making eCommerce website for your products to sell online.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 18, 2018
  15. IllmaticBars

IllmaticBars Neophyte

+0
    Honestly man the posters above are giving solid advice, but take it from someone who has actually started a profitable e-commerce store, Shopify is the way to go...

It's got the best infrastructural support - providing users a seamless experience to get their store customized and worked on by trained tech support people. Furthermore, if you want to spend real money then you can hire out tons of Shopify developers/experts who can make your store look like top brands in the industry. It's really the best way to go, and for the price that you're paying, it really can't be matched.

It's literally the best in the industry for a reason, just go with the best platform and you'll be well on your way to success. Of course, this is going to require marketing, sales, a great product, etc. to become profitable, but that's just business in general. Why make it harder on yourself then need be by going with an inferior program?

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 21, 2019
Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.