Facebook vs. Twitter?

itommy

Aspirant
Hello,

I'm getting more traffic from Twitter than Facebook, so I suppose that Twitter is better than Facebook about marketing aspect, does any one have the same thought or what is your thought?

geebee

Fan
I agree. Interact tons on Twitter. Facebook page very quiet. Maybe you get out what you put in? I have Twitter open permanently, Facebook I may post once or twice a week.

itommy

Aspirant
I agree. Interact tons on Twitter. Facebook page very quiet. Maybe you get out what you put in? I have Twitter open permanently, Facebook I may post once or twice a week.
Curious how many followers do you have?

davemacc

Fan
Twitter is much better for gaining traffic. I get little to no traffic from Facebook.

Where followers are concerned, just follow as many in your niche as possible. Niche promotion accounts tend to follow each other back in my experience and that helps build your following as their followers get notified that they have followed you, and that increases your exposure.

JHKSL2414

Neophyte
Both are successful social networking sites, so avoid the comparison of Facebook and Twitter. In the terms of marketing and sales, It depends on your followers (avoid number of followers, interact with real buyers) and communications.

Strength101

Strength Enthusiast
Twitter is easier to get targeted followers, without spending a penny.

How? Find the top 5 companies/pages in your niche, follow their followers and most will follow back because you're relevant to the current people they're already following.

Ensure you tweet often 10x + per day with good internal, external, promotional and inspirational content and your followers will be flooding in.

Auto DM is also a great way to gauge interest to your followers. Golden rule: never send a link in an auto DM, it looks spammy.

Here's mine; "Thanks for following me - you're awesome! Are you a fellow Strength enthusiast?"

If they reply yes, then I give a link to my site and talk with them. If they say no, then you don't need to do anything.

I use Sprout Social to schedule my posts and CrossFire to Follow/Unfollow and auto DM.

Vicehood

Neophyte
Big fan of Twitter! Even though I think they have hurt the forum world! Have around 600 followers for the main Twitter account.

chrisjohn93

Aspirant
Twitter is better then Facebook, because of there are very few page relevant to your business but on twitter your can just start working with twitter.

LloydM

Adherent
I agree, Twitter is more of an advantage in business aspects, but as for Facebook, not much advantage.

TopMine

Aspirant
I used to love facebook but now I for sure prefer twitter because its a lot more simple. Facebook is overflowing with hyperlinks and ads.

cwvps

Aspirant
I find Facebook better. It gives you more options and more space for promotion.

GTB

Tazmanian
Prefer a twtter button because you don't even need have an account to add a twitter button like you now need have a facebook account to add a Like button. Twitter code is more versatile as well, you can change it to submit individual forum posts.

rsrikanth05

Ex-TAZ user
You really can't compare the two. Both serve different needs and purposes.
In my previous job, I used to spend hours looking at which post got more exposure on which platform and where our traffic came from. In the long run, both are essential for outreach.

jekyll

Enthusiast
Facebook is already promoted to death. Twitter, on the other hand, has too many promotional accounts too, but for some people it's a viable alternative to RSS. Of course it lacks something like ZenTweet which would help you to cleanup your timeline, but maybe it's improving.

PhilCanavan

Aspirant
What's the ratio of signups from each. I tend to find when advertising on twitter with hashtags and links, most are the visitors coming are from bots indexing the page.

cwvps

Aspirant
What you give is what you get. I put little time and effort into Twitter and I didn't get anything in return. On the other hand , I've spent weeks and weeks building a community on Facebook, interacting, posting several times a day, targeting people and paying ads and now it works great. 55 K followers and a lot of conversions. But it also depends on your niche, on the product/service you're promoting and on your target audience.