Facebook or Twitter to promote your blog?

Discussion in 'Blogs, Wikis, and other CMP's' started by Sylvain, Jun 20, 2016.

1. Sylvain

Sylvain Enthusiast

+61
    Do you promote your blog with Facebook or Twitter?

Which one works the best for you?

2. Dr.Who

Dr.Who Enthusiast

+184
    I promote my forums with both, and I find it depends on the community, as to which works better for promoting.

3. Okoji

Okoji Participant

+3
    I just started a new blog and I planned to promoting it on facebook and twitter. These are where the traffic is. You must use it to grow your site.

4. mian

mian Neophyte

+0
    Both works best at its own places. Facebook is more tha twitter as you could keep your post engage in Groups and bound people to be seen your post.

5. lordi

lordi Adherent

+27
    yep, I do,
    depend on the followers or friends

6. TheGamingRow

TheGamingRow Aspirant

+7
    I guess it depends on the audience and how click bait your links are! Which are a pet hate of mine. I personally use Twitter.

7. Num7

Num7 Adherent

+49
    Both do great IMO. I use TwitterFeed to post my content over there.

IFTTT does a great job too.

8. fattony69

fattony69 Cool Guy on Taz

+33
    I'd highly recommend using this plugin to work with your socials. It is much better than third party alternatives. I use the free version, but the pro version may be more ideal. Despite the lack of engagement I have on my Facebook page especially compared to my Twitter, I get better clickthroughs on Facebook so keep that in mind.

9. Tagobs

Tagobs Aspirant

+13
    When I used to have a blog I used social media a lot, especially Facebook. The thing is that I didn't manage to get my readers to check in on the blog every now and then, but I did manage to get them to like my Facebook-page. Through that I could post for every new post I added, and it'd pop up in their news feed. To put it in another way: I used social media to give them a gentle reminder.

10. alyssa.redkite

alyssa.redkite Neophyte

+0
    I promote my blog and blog posts on both platforms. I think it depends on your audience though. So pay attention to that. Post for them and not just for yourself and your business.

11. morefeeus

morefeeus Aspirant

+0
    Facebook is a bit outdated maybe, I think twitter is the future. :)

12. Sylvain

Sylvain Enthusiast

+61
    Twitter doesn't work well for all my 3 web sites.... Facebook works 100x better with 100x less effort

13. Felipe01

Felipe01 Participant

+9
    Both of them give me a lot of support.But I prefer facebook than twitter.

14. Sylvain

Sylvain Enthusiast

+61
    Average people prefer Facebook

I've found that IT and general technologies are better with Twitter

15. maorninja

maorninja Aspirant

+6
  16. PeterH

PeterH Participant

+3
    I prefer Facebook, it's my choice.

17. Prukasz

Prukasz Neophyte

+0
    I do everything. Instagram(13k followers) Facebook, Twitter, Tumbler. Its free traffic ya know. You have to keep at it daily tho, kinda like working out. Many people quit just a month in.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 14, 2017
  18. kevt5

kevt5 Neophyte

+0
    Facebook is more responsive for promotion I would say. Twitter is kinda messy. Also, I recommend you to go with Instagram and Youtube. They both will expand your blog recognition. But you should use some SEO tools to optimize your overall promotion strategy and make it more effective. Just paid advertisement not always working well. Interaction with followers, beautiful pictures, and qualitative content is the key.

19. Julie Encabo

Julie Encabo Participant

+46
    I suggest that you promote your blog on both sites since they are both successful.

20. mausin12991

mausin12991 Aspirant

+0
    It totally depends on the blog niche you have. However, I think Facebook is the more engaging platform than Twitter as it gives better results.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.