Evolution vs. Creation

Rockatteer

Devotee
people did that not God i csn go kill people in the name of the president because someone doesnt agree with his views but i doubt the president would be blamed in any way
They do it in the name of God and because of God. No-one said that God killed those people. But those people died because of religion.

But this is actually off topic. It doesn't really have much to do with creation vs evolution.

You can't argue that evolution is not real. We see it in virus which have evolved into super bugs and become resistant to vaccines. We see it in the recent swine flu and before that bird flu, these are both evolved virus' resulting from combinations and mutations resulting in new versions of the organisms.These a hard physical facts that we can see and test again and again. What hard physical facts does religion have to back up it's claims?

prettybabs7

Neophyte
It's not direct brainwashing, but it is certainly conditioning of the mind and control of the people... heres some examples of what used to happen, taken from AzhriaLilu exmaples earlier in this thread

Killing People Who Don't Listen to Priests
Anyone arrogant enough to reject the verdict of the judge or of the priest who represents the LORD your God must be put to death. Such evil must be purged from Israel. (Deuteronomy 17:12 NLT)

Death to Followers of Other Religions
Whoever sacrifices to any god, except the Lord alone, shall be doomed. (Exodus 22:19 NAB)

Kill Nonbelievers
They entered into a covenant to seek the Lord, the God of their fathers, with all their heart and soul; and everyone who would not seek the Lord, the God of Israel, was to be put to death, whether small or great, whether man or woman. (2 Chronicles 15:12-13 NAB)

Kill the Entire Town if One Person Worships Another God
Suppose you hear in one of the towns the LORD your God is giving you that some worthless rabble among you have led their fellow citizens astray by encouraging them to worship foreign gods. In such cases, you must examine the facts carefully. If you find it is true and can prove that such a detestable act has occurred among you, you must attack that town and completely destroy all its inhabitants, as well as all the livestock. Then you must pile all the plunder in the middle of the street and burn it. Put the entire town to the torch as a burnt offering to the LORD your God. That town must remain a ruin forever; it may never be rebuilt. Keep none of the plunder that has been set apart for destruction. Then the LORD will turn from his fierce anger and be merciful to you. He will have compassion on you and make you a great nation, just as he solemnly promised your ancestors. "The LORD your God will be merciful only if you obey him and keep all the commands I am giving you today, doing what is pleasing to him." (Deuteronomy 13:13-19 NLT)

Kill Followers of Other Religions.
1) If your own full brother, or your son or daughter, or your beloved wife, or you intimate friend, entices you secretly to serve other gods, whom you and your fathers have not known, gods of any other nations, near at hand or far away, from one end of the earth to the other: do not yield to him or listen to him, nor look with pity upon him, to spare or shield him, but kill him. Your hand shall be the first raised to slay him; the rest of the people shall join in with you. You shall stone him to death, because he sought to lead you astray from the Lord, your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt, that place of slavery. And all Israel, hearing of this, shall fear and never do such evil as this in your midst. (Deuteronomy 13:7-12 NAB)

2) Suppose a man or woman among you, in one of your towns that the LORD your God is giving you, has done evil in the sight of the LORD your God and has violated the covenant by serving other gods or by worshiping the sun, the moon, or any of the forces of heaven, which I have strictly forbidden. When you hear about it, investigate the matter thoroughly. If it is true that this detestable thing has been done in Israel, then that man or woman must be taken to the gates of the town and stoned to death. (Deuteronomy 17:2-5 NLT)

Kill People for Working on the Sabbath
The LORD then gave these further instructions to Moses: 'Tell the people of Israel to keep my Sabbath day, for the Sabbath is a sign of the covenant between me and you forever. It helps you to remember that I am the LORD, who makes you holy. Yes, keep the Sabbath day, for it is holy. Anyone who desecrates it must die; anyone who works on that day will be cut off from the community. Work six days only, but the seventh day must be a day of total rest. I repeat: Because the LORD considers it a holy day, anyone who works on the Sabbath must be put to death.' (Exodus 31:12-15 NLT)

Although this is kind of getting of topic a bit, I spose it does relate back to Noles comment of why should he prove God exists. The answer would be because I see no hard evidence of a god. All I see is people being controlled, and in the above examples, forced, to believe.

this is a good example of why you should read the bible all the way through b4 you are ganna judge it because if you read all of the bible it will tell us we are free from the law of mosses and do you see any christains killing aithiest here now i know your ganna say no but it has been done and this is true but im ganna say anti religouse people have also done this, hard evidence there is a God is just the fact that people do this. God says we are all evil and its proven to be true no matter what a person believes isnt that hard evidence the fact that you always get a negative result from a negative action isnt that hard evidence the reason the cavanent from the old testament was changed to the new is bcuz people preverted it to bend to their will instead of fully obeying God there is a part however of what you said i must agree with i think its wrong to force a beleife on anyone however we do need to guid them and thats going to reflect your own beliefs im sure you will be teaching your kids your beliefs and at some point in anyones life they have full control over what thier child thinks to be true rom.3 21-31 is about the law and why we are free from it

Can I point out for the record, I'm not a God hater, I just don't believe in him :)

i will only allow this once:Order:

We did evolve from chimps. We share a common ancestor with chimps.

1) Evolution is a scientific theory. Which means there is a huge, more than most other scientific theories in fact, body of evidence for it.

2) Evolution is simply change over time. It takes millions of years of mutations/genetic drift/genetic separation/natural selection/whatever else has to do with evolution to achieve an entirely new species.

3) For evidence we can simply look to bacteria or viruses. More recently, the Swine flu. It's not even swine flu either. It's a new influenza virus in which we haven't been naturally immunized against.

As for how life started on earth, there are many explanations for it outside of god. Unfortunately I didn't look into them. I'll try to look them up when I have more time and post it on here.

EDIT: Oh and Myth: do I get a cookie for giving you an idea for a new thread?

can you give an example thats not microscopic (not looking to argue genuinlly want to know)i have been trying to find a larger animal that anyone could see clearly or more spacifically what is the best evidence scientist have for evolutin out of the animal kingdom

Noles, you believe in the bible and you state that the list of orders to kill that AzhriaLilu has posted are not senseless.

So how many homosexuals have you killed?

How many followers of other religions have you killed?

Etc etc...

we are free from the law of mosses rom 3 21-31

How is it the same evidence?

the same as what your looking at from another perspective

Rockatteer

Devotee
Can I just ask what any of this has to do with evolution vs creation?

And for the record, hard evidence is physical, meaning you can touch,smell,taste,see and most importantly test.

I'm yet to see physical evidence that even suggests creation could be real. Which is why I don't believe it.

Last edited:

prettybabs7

Neophyte
Taking someone's life because they don't agree with you or fit into your (or your gods) ideals isn't senseless??

That comment just proves beyond any dealt how out of touch with reality you are. AND how pointless it is trying to reason with you.

As I said earlier. Prove to me that your god exists, with tangible evidence that isn't wishy-washy BS and then I'll take you seriously.

But until you wake up and realize how stupid your comment is, this topic is a waste of server space and I highly dealt I'll be wasting any more time arguing with such stupidity.

im sory but there was more to it then they simply didnt believe the way they did the fact that your trying to get a rise out of your aponent is deferring from the original argument christains have very different reasons as to why the believe in gos and i assure you i have my own i choose not to share this reason for you will surely use it as amo no matter how meraculaouse the story the one most important that you where not present yet you believe any expirment to be successrful though you where not there thus you have faith for people in your arguments you should try to refrain from using insults to get your point across bcuz it obvious you are trying for an emotional irrational person to fumble on their side of the argument

Well I say this tongue and cheek. Prove that he doesn't. LOL. This is a never ending debate that could go on until one of two things happen. We die, or as the book of Revelations predict the End of Days/Apocalypse/Rapture/Judgement Day. But I guess we'll all know one day.

-MFL

actually the bible says they will not realise it then either :mad:

Noles

paypal+
Almost anything productive for the original topic has already been stated (and probably restated), now it's just getting ridiculous.

Rockatteer

Devotee
Yeah I do find it somewhat suspicious that the only posts prettybabs7 has made, have been in this thread.

prettybabs7

Neophyte
They do it in the name of God and because of God. No-one said that God killed those people. But those people died because of religion.

But this is actually off topic. It doesn't really have much to do with creation vs evolution.

You can't argue that evolution is not real. We see it in virus which have evolved into super bugs and become resistant to vaccines. We see it in the recent swine flu and before that bird flu, these are both evolved virus' resulting from combinations and mutations resulting in new versions of the organisms.These a hard physical facts that we can see and test again and again. What hard physical facts does religion have to back up it's claims?
yes i agree this is off topic but it wasnt my topic i didnt start it and wether or not those virisus you mentioned evovled or weather they are new is speculation and i didnt say you siad it was Gods fault and if they said they did it for God how is it a spacific religions fault if a muslim kills is it christains fault i think not

Rockatteer

Devotee
Do you own a forum? Are you here to discuss issues around forum administration, or are you here solely to discuss this one topic?

Rockatteer

Devotee
Because this site is specifically for owners/adminstrators of internet communities to discuss issues related to owning and running online communities, and you apparently have only joined this forum for this off-topic discussion which had run it's coarse quite some time ago. From the outskirts it looks like some sort of trolling attempt.

But in any case, I'll be moving along now.

prettybabs7

Neophyte
Because this site is specifically for owners/adminstrators of internet communities to discuss issues related to owning and running online communities, and you apparently have only joined this forum for this off-topic discussion which had run it's coarse quite some time ago. From the outskirts it looks like some sort of trolling attempt.

But in any case, I'll be moving along now.

yes i did spacificaly look for this topic on a google search i was only interested in discussing this that does not make me a troll and you are just being rude no matter im done with this site ide rather discuss it where its more relative of an issue i was searching for only that topic though yes and its not off topic thats what the title of the thread was about you just dont like to be challenged and i must have gotten to you otherwise you wouldnt be so hostile towards me but whatever i dont want to debate with any1 who doesnt want to debate so fare thee well :tiphat: