EU Copyright Directive Preliminary Guidelines

Discussion in 'Site Security & Legal Issues' started by Sophos, Nov 26, 2018.

1. Sophos

Sophos Aspirant

+6
    • Informative! Informative! x 1
    • List
  2. feldon30

feldon30 Adherent

+411
    Free Open Internet 1994-2019.
    State-controlled Internet: 2019-

3. Nev_Dull

Nev_Dull Anachronism

+951
    About damn time, too!

Now maybe they can do something about the atrocious spelling and grammar on the internet.

4. Alfa1

Alfa1 Administrator

+2,577
    While they are at it, lets go for a social credit system like China. We will need AI filtering now anyway. Might as well go full 1984 while they are at it.

5. Tracy Perry

Tracy Perry Opinionated asshat

+3,585
    i think they need to work on doing something about run-on sentences first!! :cool:

6. Nev_Dull

Nev_Dull Anachronism

+951
    Oh, don't get me started on those, I could go on and on, and what about those misplaced modifiers?

7. Sophos

Sophos Aspirant

+6
    Now this is confusing:

Tweet 2.png

Source link here

There is another already approved regulation #TerReg that requires websites to delete copyrighted material within 1 hour. So upload filters are not required now?

This is getting out of hand. Both regulations are now part of the EU Copyright law and at the moment there isn't much we can do about it:

Tweet.png

Source links here and here

8. Sophos

Sophos Aspirant

+6
    I just saw Alfa 1 already started a thread about TerReg

9. Sophos

Sophos Aspirant

+6
    All I ask is for someone to explain what exactly are we supposed to do to make our forums copyright compliant within the EU.

10. Sophos

Sophos Aspirant

+6
    Alfa 1 clarified that TerReg is for hate speech.

Julia Reda's quote is still related to this topic. It will take years to undo the damage if it can be undone...

11. feldon30

feldon30 Adherent

+411
    Hire a team of content moderators to review all content before it is posted on your website. Oh you have a free forum? Well, think of the children/media companies!

12. Sophos

Sophos Aspirant

+6
    :LOL::LOL:

I have a better idea. Google and Facebook to shutdown their services within the EU for 24 hours with a notice explaining the situation. YouTube already warned us of possible blocking of their service within the EU, so they need to actually do it. Yes millions will be lost, but that's nothing compared to what lies ahead. I'm sure that only a minority is aware of what's going on right now.

13. Alfa1

Alfa1 Administrator

+2,577
    Yes, with a splash page with links to a petition to leave the EU for each country. I'm pretty sure that will get the EU on the tip of their chair.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.