End of Artodia styles

Discussion in 'XenForo' started by Arty, Nov 30, 2018.

1. Arty

Arty Developer

+90
    Developing styles for XenForo was fun, it is a brilliant piece of software.

However it is time to change. I held off this decision for as long as possible. This is the end for my XenForo styles. Old XenForo 1 styles will not be re-written for XenForo 2 and I won't be making new XenForo 2 styles any time soon. It has nothing to do with XenForo - it is great, many years ahead of other forum systems and content management systems. I'm doing it because I don't have time to juggle multiple projects. It is not fair for customers to keep promising to update styles, when I don't have time to do it. I'd rather fully focus on my new project than juggle multiple projects.

I have been developing forum styles for over 10 years. First for phpBB, then for XenForo. Time to do something else.

My new project is Iconify. It is open source SVG framework that is designed to replace glyph fonts. Unlike with glyph fonts where designer is tied to fixed number of icons, designer can choose over 30,000 icons, including FontAwesome, Material Design Icons, Entypo+, Ant Design and others.

This post now sounds more like advertising with short plug of my new project :) But it benefits forums too. Right now I'm working on integrating Iconify with XenForo. Integration is free add-on that designers and add-on authors can bundle with their styles and add-ons. It features new types of input: xf:iconbox (similar to XenForo color picker) that represents icon and shows icon picker, making it easy to select icons and some other stuff. So I'm not completely gone. I'll be releasing add-ons for XenForo.

If you can, please help out with spreading word about Iconify. I'm very interested in feedback from designers to make project a serious viable open source alternative to glyph fonts.

Announcement on Artodia.com forum: https://www.artodia.com/threads/end-of-forum-style-development.3278/
    Iconify project: https://iconify.design/

Last edited: Dec 1, 2018
    • Appreciation x 5
    • Like x 3
    • Agree x 1
    • Winner x 1
    • Informative! x 1
    • List
  2. Destroy Repeat

Destroy Repeat DestroyRepeat.com

+89
    Sorry to hear you're stopping development on Artodia skins. I loved your skins on XF1, but as soon as XF2 was available, I switched somewhere else because I knew you were going to take a long time to develop skins. I was interested to see how well Black Responsive will look on XF2, I even had a vision for a site utilizing it.

3. Ingenious

Ingenious Fan

+221
    Good luck with your new project :)

4. KeVo

KeVo Enthusiast

+141
    Your styles were awesome and they will be missed. Best of luck on your new endeavor!

5. HWS

HWS TAZ Member

+140
    Oh. Now we need a new style for our site after the upgrade to XF2.

But today I used Iconify for a new project. VERY recommendable! Impressive work!

6. vbgamer45

vbgamer45 Enthusiast

+79
    Good luck Arty. I followed a bunch of stuff that you have made. I really thought colorizeit was impressive.
    I am still maintaining your old project phpbbhs and release a version for phpbb 3.2

• Appreciation Appreciation x 1
    • List
  7. PoetJC

PoetJC ⚧ Jacquii: Black Kween of TSSN ⚧

+5,322
    The new project is certainly interesting. Looks good.
    Here's wishing you the best of luck with it Arty :tup:

J.

8. cornnfedd

cornnfedd Captain Futurama

+247
    I reckon I used one of your free skins on phpbb a zillion years ago, so yeah thanks for that, and thanks for the effort! :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.