Email Notification for Reported Post

Discussion in 'XenForo' started by Morg22, Sep 5, 2019.

1. Morg22

Morg22 Aspirant

+11
    I apologize if this has been asked and answered, I did a search but didn't find anything.

I am moving from VBulletin to Xenforo and in VB whenever a post is flagged/reported the mods would receive an email notification. Is this still an active function in Xenforo 2.1.3? Also, is it possible to set permissions for a specific Forum/Node to have an email sent to the mods every time a new thread is started?

We have a marketplace where people can buy/sell/trade their golf equipment (we are a golf forum) and we like to approve every post before it goes up to make sure people aren't trying to sell counterfeit goods. Currently, the mods receive an email whenever a new thread is created in that specific Marketplace Forum/Node, and I would love to be able to have that again in Xenforo.

I hope that made sense. Thanks!

2. Ingenious

Ingenious Fan

+233
    The way it's set up on mine is that reported posts create a thread in a staff sub-forum (I prefer this to the report centre which Xenforo also offers for reported content) and mods/admin "watch" or subscribe to that forum whatever the terminology is, so thus get an email alert when a new thread is created there.

You can also watch/subscribe to any other forum to get emails for new content, so yes you can get notified when new threads are created anywhere.

On mine I also use Pushover and the Pushover add-on by ChrisD so that I get an alert on my mobile phone too, very handy and often better than email for reported content as I can respond immediately.

• Appreciation Appreciation x 1
    • List
  3. Morg22

Morg22 Aspirant

+11
    Those are both great ideas, and would definitely do exactly what I am looking for, thank you so much!!

4. Morg22

Morg22 Aspirant

+11
    • Informative! Informative! x 3
    • List
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.