Easy way to merge threads of the same user within specific sub-forum?

Discussion in 'XenForo' started by haqzore, Aug 8, 2018 at 9:37 AM.

1. haqzore

haqzore Habitué

+925
    On one of my sites, we had a "Introduction" sub-forum and a "Member Rides" sub-forum (motorcycles).

Since the topics were very similar, I merged them into a single "Introductions & Member Rides" forum.

I'm wondering if there's an easy way to find threads from the same user & merge them into 1. At most, users would only have 2 threads in the new merged forum.

I know I can search for threads by the user > limit to the sub-forum > select, merge, etc...

But with hundreds of users & threads... no thanks :)

Any way to automate any part of this process?

2. Destroy Repeat

Destroy Repeat DestroyRepeat.com

+26
    Batch [Thread] Update. You can set criteria you want. Search for user, search for forum, and move it there.

It shows you results, first, and you can decide if it is what you want.

When selecting forums, use control (Ctrl) and mouse to select forums you want xenForo to search for.

3. haqzore

haqzore Habitué

+925
    Thanks.

That's what I was trying to avoid. That's still a couple hundred search + merges.

4. Destroy Repeat

Destroy Repeat DestroyRepeat.com

+26
    If you are on XF2, go to user profile, and find threads. In that list, there should be an option on the upper right corner. Click the obvious option to enable inline moderation. From there, you can select checkboxes.

The mod menu in XF2 is miles better than what we had in XF1. :)

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.