Don't suppose anyone here has any contacts at YouTube?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Lisa, Jul 12, 2019.

1. zappaDPJ

zappaDPJ Administrator

+5,490
    That's lamentable but I'm not surprised, In 60 years I've not had a single encounter with the police that didn't end badly and compared to many I'm reasonably law abiding.

2. R0binHood

R0binHood Habitué

+1,039
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative! Informative! x 1
    • List
  3. Lisa

Lisa Chaotically Proportional

+8,476
    It was initially taken down due to the screenshots of her face and I think one of them had video footage of her as well. He may have edited out the more unsavoury things he had to say. I haven't rewatched them, hit the video,, paused it and reported it. I've blocked the url to his site completely at the house so no one can access it (I did it via my phone), and she has blocked it on her phone so she's not tempted to look. I have to assume he's edited them in some way. I don't spend a lot of time on YouTube other than to listen to music, so I'm not up on how they deal with things, but they did send me an email back in Feb (I think) telling me they had removed both those videos.

I did notice he seems to have deleted the comments by the psycho Javier - so that's something.

4. Lisa

+8,476
    It was a new experience for me. In fact, it was my other half who pointed out the differences in the way each person was dealing and reacting to it.

That's interesting! Thanks, I'll go check that out.

5. salem

salem Adherent

+84
    Sounds to me that the sergeant is stuck in the seventies and is totally ignorant of the impact of social media .
    he's also wrong as one of the oldest laws has been broken "Misuse of the telecommunications act "
    I had a quick word with my GM ,( hope you don't mind) who happens to deal with child issues at her school , unfortunately not youtube .
    I can PM her reply if you like ( I don't have permission to quote ) the one down side is that it's based on scots law.

6. Alex.

Alex. The Ancient Dragon

+1,197
    Fax YouTube's San Bruno office. If you don't use Fax, you can use an e-fax type of service. There's usually one or two with 5-10 free pages initially. You can also try getting YouTube's attention at their @teamyoutube handle.

Back in the day, we had other methods of alleviating issues like this.

7. Alex.

Alex. The Ancient Dragon

+1,197
    That actually would work. Technically, you could also claim there was no model release form. When I buy stock images or video where humans are in the frame, I also get a model release form copy as part of the purchase. Technically, this is for commercializing material, but it would still count.

8. Ingenious

Ingenious Fan

+256
    Having been on the receiving end of a psycho stalking me, I sympathise, it is a truly awful experience (in my case, the Police were in fact a lot of help, but then I guess death threats spur the law into action).

Happy to report any YouTube content Lisa, if you want strength of numbers hitting report, I'm sure many others here would too.

• Appreciation Appreciation x 1
    • List
  9. Lisa

+8,476
    I'd really appreciate that, thanks. Anything is worth looking at.

I've tried tweeting them. They never acknowledged it.

They did originally remove the videos with her footage in it. He's put them back up since.

Thanks. I'm not sure what anyone else could report him for (other than possible misogyny and being a complete dick) but every little helps :love:

10. Kevin

Kevin Oooh, something shiny!

+1,237
    From what you've described, I'd think "Hateful or abusive content" and then "Abusing vulnerable individuals" and/or "Bullying" would be apt.

I offered back on page 1, just PM the URL. ;)

upload_2019-7-16_17-16-55.png upload_2019-7-16_17-17-36.png

• Appreciation Appreciation x 1
    • List
  11. MagicalAzareal

MagicalAzareal Magical Developer

+211
    Child abuse? That is probably reserved for far more severe things though and might not work while he's a minor.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.