Domain Suggestions

Discussion in 'Getting Started' started by Namoh, Dec 22, 2015.

1. Namoh

Namoh Enthusiast

+83
    Hey,

Would love to get some help coming up with a good name for a community dedicated to coding/programming and design. I'd prefer .com domains.

I always struggle with this so any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

2. Shawn Gossman

Shawn Gossman Tazmanian Master

+1,948
    Are you specifically covering one specific type of language or all of them in general?

Why not take one of your favorite strings of code and turn it into a domain name? That would be kind of catchy! :)

3. Namoh

Namoh Enthusiast

+83
    I'm going to cover the most popular languages so there are a few.
    Your naming idea could work but it's difficult because most of the strings of code that are my favorite are also others favorite and their already purchased :D

4. Shawn Gossman

Shawn Gossman Tazmanian Master

+1,948
    Here is one domain that appears to be available...

dotphpforum.com

You could make the logo into a text of: .PHP Forum

Or something like that. This of course is just a quick idea, so apologies if it seems a bit generic.

• Appreciation Appreciation x 1
    • List
  5. Namoh

Namoh Enthusiast

+83
    That would work fine if it was a community dedicated to php only but in this case I dont think it will. Thanks though.

6. punchbowl

punchbowl Adherent

+115
    every single domain name I've tried is already taken. You are going to have to get clever

7. Namoh

Namoh Enthusiast

+83
    Yup, I have like 6 tabs open with different generators trying to find something, lol.

8. Anton Chigurh

Anton Chigurh Ultimate Badass

+992
    Yep it can be tough, take your time. You will know it when you see it.

9. punchbowl

punchbowl Adherent

+115
    sent you a convo

10. bucket

bucket badge consultant

+189
    go to godaddy's expired domain auction page.

use advanced search to limit to .COM, expiring auctions, and closeout domains.

search for relevant keywords. see what shows up.

11. Tecca

Tecca Fan

+437
    Don't worry about keywords, I'd rather brand the domain name. Think of words that don't exist that sound good and possibly sound like some sort of coding language. Then brand it as a term for all coding languages. Or something like that.

12. Namoh

Namoh Enthusiast

+83
    Checking right now.

I also thought about this but when it comes to these kind of names it's really hard to come up with something since it's so random

13. mrbill

mrbill Enthusiast

+119
    Well, you're correct, most names are taken. Just off the wall I thought you could go with something like:

007designer.com

You could go with an image similar to the one below. It's taken, but you get the idea. It's easy to remember and would be fun to build a brand around it. I'll keep trying.
    secretdesigner.jpeg

14. Namoh

Namoh Enthusiast

+83
    I like the idea and would be fun to build a brand around but I think I need something that atleast gives a more general understanding of what the community will contain. If you understand what I mean. Something that perhaps allows me to expand what the community supports and is involved in without having to change the name.

15. mrbill

mrbill Enthusiast

+119
    Well, you could go with something like: CoProDe.com (coding programming development)

Doesn't exactly flow off the tongue, but is it available. It has hits on google, but not sure what it refers to.

Getting ready to take my daughter and granddaughter from Va. to S.C. 7 hour trip. It'll give me something to think about...

Good luck, my friend. I've been there and done what you're experiencing. My first web site (about 20 years ago) I named, ewave.com. Kind of lame now, but it stood for Electronic Web Access Virtually Everywhere. After my company failed, I sold the URL to a German company for $8,500.

domain name.jpg

16. Namoh

Namoh Enthusiast

+83
    Thanks for taking your time and thinking about this and good luck on your trip! I've hit a wall basically but I like your idea and it sounds good but just as you said it doesent flow off the tongue. I'll see what I can do with that name, hopefully it wont be taken now since I'm not home and cant purchase it atm :p

17. Namoh

Namoh Enthusiast

+83
    Still need help if anyone has any suggestions.

18. Digital Doctor

Digital Doctor Tazmanian

+1,800
    That's a fairly saturated niche unless you like altruistically helping newbies.
    It also takes a boat load of work posting content just to get a few members.

19. andrew3d

andrew3d Aspirant

+12
    designpluscoding.com is available.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.