Does my theme work with my site?

Discussion in 'Community Styling' started by Delirious, Feb 27, 2017.

1. Delirious

Delirious Enthusiast

+29
    The homepage is more of a article area with latest posts near the bottom. Then the forum. Do the colors go well? Logo design ok? Placement of ads look right?

Any feedback would be awesome!

2. cornnfedd

cornnfedd Captain Futurama

+44
  3. PoetJC

PoetJC ♠ Black Jacq! Give Me My Coins!! ♠

+4,304
    Both sites in your signature DeliriousDelirious look great! I particularly like how you've styled the Xenporta 2 articles section on the gaming forum. Care to share that code??? Truly though. Wonderful job if you're talking about GAMINGIS.LIFE and LolPrime.Com

J.

4. Delirious

Delirious Enthusiast

+29
    Thank you PoetJCPoetJC ! TBH I bought the Xenporta and by default it was just 1 column. Right there in the product page it shows how to do it. Yet in this one..Xenporta 2, there is an option in the admin area that allows you to set it up. Even have a drag and drop area to place widgets. It is pretty nice!

Gamingis.life is my main site. I'm focusing 100% attention to it for now because I just launched it. Lolprime.com will maybe get transformed into something League of Legends if I can.

5. GoingRight

GoingRight Participant

+13
    Looks clean!

I wouldn't have ads on a new site. You aren't going to make more than a few pennies. You don't want your potential new members leaving your site do you? Also on gamingis.life your mobile ad is too high, I'm pretty sure Google will warn you for that eventually. Even if it is responsive...

• Appreciation Appreciation x 1
    • List
  6. Delirious

Delirious Enthusiast

+29
    2 ads on mobile isn't bad. If you are not logged in you will see an affiliate widget, but it isn't from google. You are correct however about the add being responsive but not correct. "For this reason, we don’t allow 300x250 ad units (or larger) above the fold on mobile as this layout requires the user to scroll down to view site content." So I will correct that now.

As far as only making a few pennies.. Sure. Pennies add up though. Do you really think that taking the ads off will make that much of a difference? Most people have ad blockers anyways.

Thank you.

Attached Files:

7. GoingRight

GoingRight Participant

+13
    $1 a month is not worth the negative user experience. I wouldn't put any ads up until you have momentum.

8. Delirious

Delirious Enthusiast

+29
    I removed the main one. Do you think it would be ok to keep the affiliate one? Replacing the location of the sidebar bottom ad? If you have an account and log in, it will go away. I'm not making money from it just showing.

9. cornnfedd

cornnfedd Captain Futurama

+44
    affiliate one look fine, and nice looking site.

btw I reached the "end of the internet"

:) :)