Does anyone else get confused about which features are default and which are add on specific?

Discussion in 'Forum Software' started by cheat_master30, Mar 9, 2019.

1. cheat_master30

cheat_master30 Moderator

+1,049
    In whatever forum script they're running?

Because I have to admit, as someone with quite a few add ons in use on my XenForo forum, it can be tricky to know whether certain minor settings and features are things included by the dev team out of the box or added by a plugin I'd installed in the past.

Same sometimes goes with themes, style variables, phrases, etc. It can sometimes be tricky to know what's default and what isn't, and what adds each thing to the site.

Anyone else feel the same way?

2. zappaDPJ

zappaDPJ Administrator

+5,252
    Very much so.

3. Steve

Steve Administrator

+3,086
    I remember this was brought up on XenForo but I can't seem to find it now. Style properties can be prefixed easily to show it isn't default but sometimes it doesn't make sense to put an option somewhere else other than where a similar default option is.

4. MagicalAzareal

MagicalAzareal Magical Developer

+115
    I feel the same way. I can't remember what features I've implemented in Gosora Core at times and I'm the one who added them. And sometimes, something'll end up in a plugin, well usually things that are non-sensible in core.

"Did I add / client caching in Hyperdrive or Core? Hm... Oh! Hyperdrive!"

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.