DMCA Agent Lawyer & Service - HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!

Discussion in 'Site Security & Legal Issues' started by ProWeb, Nov 28, 2017.

1. ProWeb

ProWeb Enthusiast

+27
    I'll be honest, I really don't like lawyers. I also hate that I have to go through so many hoops to be covered with DMCA for my communities / forums. I also despise legal paperwork and processes.

So, after some digging, I found a WONDERFUL solution to all my problems! I've been using www.DMCAAgentService.com for about a year and a half for all my DMCA troubles.

Every interaction with them has been phenomenal and... dare I say... pleasant! :eek:

If you need a DMCA agent and/or help navigating all the processes, etc., definitely reach out to them!

• Like Like x 1
    • Pure Genius! Pure Genius! x 1
    • List
  2. Joeychgo

Joeychgo TAZ Administrator

+3,438
  3. we_are_borg

we_are_borg Administrator

+2,060
    Its 70 dollars a year for x complaints, its in their FAQ.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative! Informative! x 1
    • List
  4. Floyd R Turbo

Floyd R Turbo Adherent

+172
    $70/year for 20 sites/apps? Seems like a cheap service. But this is kind of like having a designated agent for an LLC or 501c3, which similarly costs about $100-$200/year if you need one

5. hunter22375

hunter22375 Aspirant

+2
    This is awesome! Thanks!

6. Alfa1

Alfa1 Administrator

+2,623
    It seems to me that all they do is forward the complaints to you, which doesn't really safe work.

7. we_are_borg

we_are_borg Administrator

+2,060
    You are right on there site
    Evaluating and responding are where the cost are.

8. Paul M

Paul M Limeade Addict

+2,149
    How many forums get enough DMCA notices to even need anything like this ?

9. Xon

Xon Adherent

+414
    AFAIK, If you do not have a registered DMCA agent, you strictly speaking do not qualify for DMCA safe harbor. If your hosting provider doesn't pass on notices they receive, you may have your site suspended/terminated unexpectedly.

That said most complaints just end if you take down the content.

But I'm not a lawyer, so seek actual legal advise on how this impacts you and any relationship with your providers.

10. Floyd R Turbo

Floyd R Turbo Adherent

+172
    ^ this, as I understand it this is just another thing to do. Kind of like when you have a business entity, you need to designate a registered agent. They just do this for you

Then there's this
    So the question is, it is worth having to learn how to do all this stuff yourself of is it a more valuable use of your time to pay someone $70/year to do it all for you so you can do stuff that makes you money insteadl

This is the thing people are forgetting....

11. kontrabass

kontrabass Participant

+24
    Just signed up. We were just hit by a very well known copyright infringement troll who found an obscure image someone posted in 2017. Demanding thousands of dollars in settlement. DMCA safe harbor is where it's at, and no way I'm going to list my personal info as public contact.

12. Alfa1

Alfa1 Administrator

+2,623
    Their FAQ is hilarious.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.