Django based forum

Discussion in 'Forum Software Development' started by Flametree, Oct 31, 2015.

1. Flametree

Flametree Neophyte

+0
    I am looking for a forum preferably django based which can be hosted on our website, as well as on our Android app. Are there any tapatalk supported forums available in django which are stable and can be directly plugged in as a app on our existing project. Help is highly appreciated.

2. doubt

doubt Tazmanian

+2,054
    Tapatalk itself is not very stable.

3. Digital Phoenix

Digital Phoenix Coffee Ninja

+1,285
    Or secure

• Something Fishy! Something Fishy! x 1
    • List
  4. rafalp

rafalp Desu Ex

+363
    If you are looking for Django forum, there are two options:

DjangoBB and Misago (of which I'm author ;))

5. Flametree

Flametree Neophyte

+0
    Is there some resources available where in i can integrate misago with my android application natively. My objective behind having django forum, i will be able to easily integrate other django apps with the forum from my existing project.
    I thought of using django tapatalk in order to communicate. Please suggest if any other mechanisms are available

6. PoetJC

PoetJC ⚧ Jacquii: Black Kween of TSSN ⚧

+5,327
    I'm not sure if this is the question you've asked. But I do not believe Tapatalk supports the DJango platform.
    If DJango has RSS feeds though -- which surely it should?... -- it may be an option for you.
    HTH. And personally - I'm a fan of TT. So are its hundreds of thousands of users. ;)

J.

7. rafalp

rafalp Desu Ex

+363
    Django is framework for writing web apps. To get RSS feeds in it, you need to plug your models into Django's "syndication" app, or implement RSS yourself.

• Informative! Informative! x 1
    • List
  8. Flametree

Flametree Neophyte

+0
    I am able to locate a https://github.com/svdgraaf/django-tapatalk for django bb. It is stagnant for a long time though. I planned to have this over django bb and write a android plugin through which i will talk to django bb forum. Any suggestions.

9. Doctor 404

Doctor 404 Developing is Cool

+27
    Nor good for his/her SEO.

10. Digital Phoenix

Digital Phoenix Coffee Ninja

+1,285
    Stear well clear of anything to do with Tapatalk

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.