Direct banner ads

Discussion in 'Generating Revenue' started by GoingRight, Jun 19, 2017.

1. GoingRight

GoingRight Participant

+13
    I am curious to know what people think is a good offer to make for direct banner advertisers? What premium do they pay if they use adsense to put ads on a forum? I believe the ideal rate is higher then the publisher gets from adsense and lower than the advertiser pays for adwords. But it can be hard to judge where the middle ground is. I find some advertisers willing to pay over 2x what Google pays, and then some who go with google when I quote them a rate barely above adsense payouts.

2. woody

woody eternal noobie

+53
    Your Vendor package should be more than JUST banners...should include Vendor status on the forums, above-fold only placements, options to target specific forum sections, option to post products and promotions, a "supporting Vendor' listing, perhaps a Vendor-forum to promote in, etc.

....and then keep those non-supporting Vendors who are posting "under the radar" from participating with the same privileges. That's where the work starts.

3. GoingRight

GoingRight Participant

+13
    We have other options. I'm just asking how you price your direct banner ads to be worth the time/work in lieu of adsense but also worth it for the advertiser to bypass adsense.

4. Bhavesh Ramburn

Bhavesh Ramburn Quantity Surveyor

+47
    I am actually in the process of buying ads on a site via their double click setup.

The current rate I've seen so far is £30cpm which is cheap as its targeted.

If I was to pay that sum I need to have your site to be in the top 1-3 on many keywords I am targetting. I want to pay for high traffic site, not random sites below the 5th organic result.

In terms of GDN (google display network) I pay per click which is much higher but very targeted - this is because I've narrowed it to a certain placement.
    So narrow that I had arrows pointing to certain text on the page to try to get their attention to see my ad.
    The only problem with that is that I didn't get a good quality conversion. I was promoting a calculator that was further down the sales funnel than to the audience who were top of funnel. So far I have not seen any content or site which has adsense on guides/article that are bottom of my funnel.

I paid around £2.50 a click or so for the campaign above. Quite expensive, but the next campaign I'm setting up is top of the funnel which is cheaper, I've already started doing the research on those.

5. Bhavesh Ramburn

Bhavesh Ramburn Quantity Surveyor

+47
    can you PM me your link and I'll tell you if you've got a good rank for people to be interested? I've got Ahrefs

6. dvsDave

dvsDave Aspirant

+0
    I earn between 28k to 34k per year in direct contract ads. I've built up a niche site that is THE go-to place for questions in our industry. I got to two tradeshows a year and meet with my advertisers face-to-face and close year long contracts. They pay a premium for my niche, expensive eyeballs. We can promise a relevant, timely, and focused target audience. Adsense is like a shotgun that you can sorta tune, but how do you know how many people you are actually reaching? My solution is more like a laser beam, cutting straight to the best in the industry. That's why my direct contract ads are sought after, and why I had to include a max cap on advertisers, so that their message wouldn't get too diluted. We charge flat-rate per month, and we rotate our ads every 9 seconds. It's odd, but my inventory stays filled and I don't have to worry as much about fluctuations in user activity levels month to month (as our industry does have busy and slow times)

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted