Featured Direct banner ads

Discussion in 'Generating Revenue' started by GoingRight, Jun 19, 2017 at 9:42 AM.

1. GoingRight

GoingRight Participant

+13
    I am curious to know what people think is a good offer to make for direct banner advertisers? What premium do they pay if they use adsense to put ads on a forum? I believe the ideal rate is higher then the publisher gets from adsense and lower than the advertiser pays for adwords. But it can be hard to judge where the middle ground is. I find some advertisers willing to pay over 2x what Google pays, and then some who go with google when I quote them a rate barely above adsense payouts.

2. woody

woody eternal noobie

+41
    Your Vendor package should be more than JUST banners...should include Vendor status on the forums, above-fold only placements, options to target specific forum sections, option to post products and promotions, a "supporting Vendor' listing, perhaps a Vendor-forum to promote in, etc.

....and then keep those non-supporting Vendors who are posting "under the radar" from participating with the same privileges. That's where the work starts.

3. GoingRight

GoingRight Participant

+13
    We have other options. I'm just asking how you price your direct banner ads to be worth the time/work in lieu of adsense but also worth it for the advertiser to bypass adsense.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted