Did you know . . . ?

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by Lisa, Dec 11, 2014.

1. Lisa

Lisa The Black Widow

+7,446
    There's more to TAZ than just posting threads and replies, we also offer the following to help you get the most from your community.

Showcase
    Our Community Showcase gives you somewhere to show off your site - share your stats, customisations, notable areas that you're proud of and receive feedback and reviews from our members.
    showcase1.png

There is a full tutorial on how to add your site to our Showcase here.

If you would like to review sites that are submitted to our Showcase, there is a full tutorial on how to review them here. The latest member reviews are shown in the sidebar of the main Showcase page.
    reviews.png

Resources
    Our resources section is full of graphics, addons, styles and tutorials for all different community software.
    resources.png
    These are available for download by our members (most are absolutely free). If you are a coder or designer, you are also more than welcome to add your work to our Resources to share with the community. A lot of the Resource Authors also take further requests on their submissions, in the relevant threads which are made when a new resource is added. You can find these in the Resource forum here

Reviews
    tazreviews.png

As well as getting member reviews within our Showcase section, you can also request a review from our TAZ Review Team. There are currently two types of review available - a Quick Review and a Full Review. For full details on how to request a review and the requirements, there is a full informative thread here.

If you would like to join our Review Team, please see this post.

Big Board Section
    If you're a Big Board owner, we also have a private section for BB Admins to discuss the various things that crop up when running a larger site.

For information on how to gain access to the Big Board section, please see this post.

The Exchange
    For members who are looking to generate activity on their sites, we offer The Exchange - an area for members to make arrangements with each other to exchange posts on each others' forums. The Exchange is available to all TAZ members who've been registered for at least a week, have at least 10 posts and who attain a minimum Trophy Point score.

~*~
    As members of TAZ, we offer the following features for your use here at TAZ.

Bookmarks
    Have you ever read a thread that you know you're going to want to refer back to? With our Bookmarks feature, you can keep the link close at hand for future reference.

You can find the link to Bookmark at the bottom of the post you are reading:-
    bookmark.png

Bookmarks are saved to your account and can be accessed from the menu on the top right of the site:-

bookmark2.png

Post Ratings

ratings.png

As well as Likes, we offer the ability to use a number of other ratings on posts. These include some ratings that can, on occasion, be viewed as controversial so please be aware of the context when you use them.

These are visible at the bottom right of every post (except ones you post yourself - you cannot rate your own posts).

Account Upgrades
    upgrades.png

Currently, we offer three levels of Account upgrade - this reduces the amount adverts you see on the site, as well as access to our Classifieds section where you can buy and sell community-related items. Other features are also available and are added too occasionally.

To access the Account Upgrade page, you can click here or navigate to the page via your Account menu
    upgrade1.png

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 11
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  2. Sim

Sim Coder/Designer

+195
    I dislike this. I think it should have some kind of post limit 50+ or something. I am sure most owners here are apart of other larger web master forums that provide this section as FREE. I don't see why anyone would pay just to post in this section where there are better free options available.

3. Lisa

Lisa The Black Widow

+7,446
    I don't think anyone pays just to post in that section - it's offered as an additional extra.

4. Phillip

Phillip The Priest

+1,384
    It's a way to keep stuff in order with that section, it's TAZ members offering such within the forum site. I agree with the section, it keeps everyone happy around here as far as I can see. :)

5. R44

R44 Asperger's Network? Absolutely.

+414
    Really, if I'm paying for an upgrade I'd expect no ads, I've paid for it through the upgrade.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • List
  6. Lisa

Lisa The Black Widow

+7,446
    You should expect what is listed in the upgrade options of a site, that way you won't be disappointed :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  7. R44

R44 Asperger's Network? Absolutely.

+414
    I'm disappointed in the offering of "less" ads regardless.

8. Lisa

Lisa The Black Widow

+7,446
    Then don't purchase the Premium Membership :D This is simply a thread detailing different things available, not a sales pitch :)

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  9. Alex.

Alex. The Ancient Dragon

+1,118
    Nice. I had no idea we had a bookmarking feature.

10. demedja

demedja Participant

+30
    At the behest of Morganna's so-convincing post, I have decided to upgrade my TAZ membership. I'm not sure what the upgrade includes, but I need to spend more time reading stuff here and networking with people. I'm trying to develop my skills as a coder but I have a lot of learning to do. I used to be good but now I suck, and I know it.

All you awesome people out there. Looking to learn a few things from you. Please, indulge me.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2016
  11. mugtree

mugtree Neophyte

+0
    I would like to see the directory. Do I have the rights? Thanks

12. Lisa

Lisa The Black Widow

+7,446
    I believe in the time since I wrote this post the directory has been closed.

13. mugtree

mugtree Neophyte

+0
    Ah ok thanks. Didn't notice it was a post from 2014.