Cruise Control vs Android Auto/Apple Carplay: Which would you prefer?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Erin Nicole, May 22, 2019.

1. Android Auto/Apple CarPlay Stereo

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Cruise Control

2 vote(s)
    100.0%
  1. Erin Nicole

Erin Nicole Habitué

+273
    So I have a 2017 Kia Forte and when I got it they had to add on cruise control to my car (didn't know cars came without it until last year). I got it new and it was fine except the speakers.

I wanted to update those so for Christmas last year my parents got me a double din pioneer 2330 nex radio and updated JBL speakers. The speakers aren't perfect but are better than what I had. Radio works perfectly and I don't have any issues running Android auto from my note9.

The problem is my cruise control runs through the radio. This radio doesn't have a connection for the cruise control. Therefore no cruise control. I took it to the secondary auto shop that installed this cruise control and they did research for 2 months (legit; this place is amazing) and couldn't come up with anything. They called everyone they could think of and no one had a workaround or a way to get this to work.

I have A LOT of driving coming up starting end of June so i am thinking about reverting my stereo back and going cruise control route instead. It is free through best buy to get this done but I'd have to pay if I ever wanted back to this "better" stereo.

What do you guys think I should do? I'd love input.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.