creating a magazine?

tuanhuylink

Neophyte
We're thinking about making a little magazine for our comunity, a monthly issue reguarding music news, tabs of forum member's songs, music tutorials and stuff like that just to have something to add to the music forum and possibly get more traffic. Does anyone know of any programs where you can desgin a magazine...I know there's something on Microsoft works, or there used to be, but it was really really basic. Any ideas? Thanks.

Sal Collaziano

Womanizer
That MadMagz site looks pretty cool. For me, I just use WordPress... WordPress.com or WordPress.org (self hosted)...

WildNeonSins

Aspirant
We're thinking about making a little magazine for our comunity, a monthly issue reguarding music news, tabs of forum member's songs, music tutorials and stuff like that just to have something to add to the music forum and possibly get more traffic. Does anyone know of any programs where you can desgin a magazine...I know there's something on Microsoft works, or there used to be, but it was really really basic. Any ideas? Thanks.

You can create something in word prosessing /dtp software then just convert it to pdf and upload that.

I'm using Indesign for my fanzine but Publisher works too.

GrrasSolutions

Aspirant
Before start your magazine, proper planning is important. What is your goal exactly? After that we can suggest you best way to promote magazine, reference link and the ways to improve traffic on your website.

overcast

Adherent
If you want to make newsletter type magazine then TinyLetter can be one good option too. It can be used for the subscription based content magazine too. They have that system added into it.

WildNeonSins

Aspirant
Jut looked at Tinyletter. That's not a magazine that's a email newsletter. The only subcribers mentioned are email subscribers, and it says they no longer do paid subscriptions. https://tinyletter.zendesk.com/hc/e...-I-charge-for-subscriptions-to-my-TinyLetter-

site says:
About TinyLetter
TinyLetter is a personal newsletter service brought to you by the people behind Mailchimp. People use it to send updates, digests, and dispatches to their fans and friends.
Though they're built on the same infrastructure, TinyLetter is for people who don't need all the business features that come along with Mailchimp. Simplicity is at the heart of everything we do at TinyLetter.
TinyLetter is a completely free service.