Cost of WordPress site design?

Discussion in 'Wordpress' started by Andrew B., Jun 14, 2018.

1. Andrew B.

Andrew B. Fan

+135
    1. I'm trying to find out the cost of hiring someone who redo a WordPress site design. I'm looking for a price range for a site that includes text, photos and ads. I'm looking for a ballpark range. This site does not need to interact with a forum.

2. I see ready-made WordPress templates on the Internet. Assuming the above, shouldn't someone be able to set up a fresh WP site in a new folder, add the template, and import a backup of the old site's database?

3. Is dealing with WP more complicated than a forum?

2. we_are_borg

we_are_borg Moderator

+1,597
    I know PoetJCPoetJC do this sort of work.

3. djbaxter

djbaxter Tazmanian Veteran

+329
  4. djbaxter

djbaxter Tazmanian Veteran

+329
    That can be done quite inexpensively. Send me info at the first link in my signature for a quote.

No database import is required if this is just a site renewal. It's just a matter of replacing the WordPress theme. All your data will remain intact.

No.

5. cheat_master30

cheat_master30 Moderator

+988
    Depends exactly what you want. Installing WordPress and a premade theme (perhaps with a few minor modifications) can be done extremely cheaply, whereas creating a brand new site from scratch via the system can set you back thousands of dollars. But based on your questions:

1. This seems like it'd be a simple enough site to create, and one that could probably be done by a decent WordPress developer in about a week or two (from scratch) or a day or so (from a premade template).

2. Yeah, that's easy to do. WordPress lets you export your posts from the admin panel, and obviously a database export can be imported into a new WordPress install without an issue. Then again, what exactly is the reason for wanting to move the database data at all? I mean, for the most part, if you have already have a WordPress install, it seems like it'd be easier to just change the theme and plugins you're using without moving anything...

3. No. In many ways it's actually much easier, since upgrades don't require FTP access and installing add ons, themes, etc can be done without uploading files or going through a specific install/upgrade script. The editor is pretty damn simple to use as well.

6. PoetJC

PoetJC ♠ Jacquii: Black Kween of Hearts ♠

+5,004
    Thanks for the shoutout we_are_borgwe_are_borg
    Indeed I've created and augmented many WP sites. It's probably my most favorite platform to work with.

Andrew B.Andrew B. ... The answers to your questions will absolutely vary, depending on what exactly you want done and how you want it done. As for restructuring or custom redesign of a current WP site - I'd generally quote a figure of $375 to $530 for a 5-page site, the top figure specifically for sites with multimedia portfolios and/or image galleries. Importing data from a previous install will be no issue at all.

I'd be happy to PM you the JacquiiDesigns WP blurb if you like.
    Let me know if interested.

Thanks,

J.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.