Contest ideas?

Discussion in 'Increasing Traffic' started by Solo, Aug 12, 2004.

1. gumleaf

gumleaf Aspirant

+0
    How would you judge the most interesting post for the month? Number of views?

2. colochris

colochris Participant

+0
    What would you give away for a bankruptcy and credit forum?

I am lost on ideas?

3. Liberty Dog

Liberty Dog Aspirant

+1
    My site is a community portal for the local metropolitan area. I am currently putting together a contest called "Picture the Metro". I will have at least 2 photos of buildings/locations from each town in the Metro. People will have to register with the site to see the photos and have a chance to guess the location of each photo. Everyone that gets all the photos correct will be entered in a drawing for a digital camera.

The original poster might be able to adapt something like this for his site.

4. SactoEric

SactoEric Enthusiast

+1
    I recently started a regional forum based site & was trying to think of traffic generating and contest ideas... Your suggestion is absolutely great! Now I just need to think of good prizes...

5. Liberty Dog

Liberty Dog Aspirant

+1
    Thanks Eric, I hope it works out for you. I don't think I am going to do mine until after the beginning of the year, but I will report back with the results.

6. tyros8000

tyros8000 MyBB Fan!

+0
    money could be a good one lol.

7. SimonP1878

SimonP1878 Adherent

+13
    My site is a fan site for an English Premier League team and with Christmas coming up, I have scooped quite a few big, big prizes

However, I'm not doing it on forum posts or anything like that - probably not even a question - just a "Email your name and contact details" type thing

I've got things like a kit worn by one of our players during a match, signed, and also a trip to see how a local radio show is put together on the morning of a match complete with meeting a legend who once played for our club - add to that the fact the radio station is on top of a 400ft tower in the middle of the city, and it's quite a big set of prizes

there will also be around 30 "runner's up" prized of badges with my site's logo on or mouse-mats or t-shirts

am I too generous? lol

8. originalthechad

originalthechad Aspirant

+0
    How did you all find competitions went ? and where did you advertise these competitions

9. kamikaze92

kamikaze92 Neophyte

+0
    Conest ideas

I give away Gmail invitations to people who have posted over 10 posts, (yes it's a new forum) :)

http://www.pctechwiz.biz

10. gray929

gray929 Participant

+1
    You dont need invites for gmail anymore.

11. Nirok

Nirok Participant

+1
    My sites a spoodle dog forum site and at the moment i give away tshirts virtually to most new members how are active and have heaps of contests like one at the moment which is guess how many puppies our dogs going to have.... and get a free tshirt.... the main reason i'm virtually freely giving away tshirts is that i'm encouraging them to wear them when walking there spoodle so it sorta starts a pride thing and also advertises the site outside of the internet..... starting to look more into serious items like dog leads and branded ipods shuffles, collars, etc etc.... these prizes will be proper comeptitions... the tshirts have been sort after with new users pm me asking where they can get the spoodle tshirt....lol

12. spiderdim

spiderdim Neophyte

+0
    Hi guys, first post here!

i have a forum and we talk about technology and we specialized at computers.

we have our birthday in a month and we want to do 1 contest..

what do u think to do?

i liked that idea

but i dont know how to do it.... i Have vbulletin

thanks a lot guys

13. Naijafinder

Naijafinder Neophyte

+0
    I also need a forum contest ideas for users who reply or post a thread. Maybe users will be given recharge card.

14. King G

King G Enthusiast

+13
    what is your sites niche how about ask users to describe your nice in 1 word? other forums have done it. give it a try:)

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted