Combining Google Adsense with Kontera’s ContentLinks™ to Increase Revenue

Discussion in 'Generating Revenue' started by cpvr, Nov 29, 2007.

1. cpvr

cpvr Tazmanian Master

+125
    Looks like Kontera loves me. I'm sure Randy Brown is next! :)

http://blog.kontera.com/2007/11/29/...h-konteras-contentlinks™-to-increase-revenue/

Looks like Mike wasn't kidding when he told me he was going to post it. There are a few typos, but I'm sure it'll be fixed shortly.

2. Calash

Calash Habitué

+14
    Nice job :)

I setup Kontera on my site this morning based on your experiences. I am curious to see how my users react to it, as well as how much income it will potentially provide.

3. d8tabyte

d8tabyte Habitué

+5
    Im still waiting for a turn around on my site - Ive only made .29$ in the last week I've run them when my adsense is significantly higher.

I understand there is a ramp up period, so I will be waiting - how ever the net impressions it is displaying is alarmingly low - my site got about 18,000 page loads each day this past week and kontera is only showing a total of 846 net impressions.

I have the ads loading in each footer for my site, so it should be giving me a more realistic idea than it currently is. At least I would hope so....

4. cpvr

cpvr Tazmanian Master

+125
    Well, why type of site do you run? Do you believe a lot of your visitors are using ad block?

5. d8tabyte

d8tabyte Habitué

+5
    Take a look, its in my signature, plus I have a fairly active forum. ( its been a lil slow due to fall ) Im not sure about ad block - its one of those things you really cant tell.

6. cpvr

cpvr Tazmanian Master

+125
    Well, your eCPM usually includes the CPC. If your CTR is low, then your eCPM will be low too.

7. d8tabyte

d8tabyte Habitué

+5
    well its the net impressions that has me worried. I'll see if it increases over the next week. In the last 2 days it went up each day.. so maybe it just needed some time to get to know my site? lol

8. Tearabite

Tearabite Aspirant

+0
    Oh, I got my Kontera-Love back when they quoted me HERE.. Besides, i'm already on their blogroll, right next to the post about you..:tiphat:

anyway, congratulations!

9. cpvr

cpvr Tazmanian Master

+125
    Thanks Randy! :) Did you get any traffic from that page?

10. mika_kontera

mika_kontera Neophyte

+0
    Hello,

I'm from Kontera.

I wanted to let you know that our support team checked ContentLink™’s performance on your site, and changed some of its employment parameters.

This change should go into effect within the next 24 hours. I am sure you’ll witness improved results soon.

If you have any additional questions or comments please don’t hesitate to contact me.

Mika
    Publisher Services Manager
    Kontera

11. M5love

M5love Aspirant

+0
    Cool, I am averaging $20/day with Kontera..

What template do you guys put the code in?

12. cpvr

cpvr Tazmanian Master

+125
    I put it in my footer template.

13. M5love

M5love Aspirant

+0
    Yup, thanks.. Btw, there is the usual load time problem?

14. cpvr

cpvr Tazmanian Master

+125
    I haven't seen anyone complain since they tweaked the ads, so no.

15. RichieScott1

RichieScott1 Aspirant

+1
    I use adsense with kontera and adsense blows it out of the water. Kontera has only given me less than $2 in the last two weeks. The net impressions are way lower than adsense also. I have no clue who my account manager is.

16. kiran_n444

kiran_n444 Aspirant

+0
    I can't seem to make any with kontera, since i officially opened my site I made $8 every 5 Days with adsense, and I'm looking into Bidvertiser and AdBrite, because their payout limits are lower than Adsenses $100 which would take me a while... Bidvertiser's payout is $10 and AdBrite's is custom, combine AdBrite with AdSense to increase your revenue, this method works for me, and you get alot more revenue when people advertise with AdBrite and Bidvertiser on your site xD

17. mikesilvia

mikesilvia Participant

+0
    I don't have an opinion yet on Kontera yet. I installed it about a week ago and it is just now showing stats. I'm not sure how you lose 6 days of clicks/impressions/earnings, but I'm only starting to get paid today even though the ads appeared with 24 hours.

I will post a review after my first week of earnings and then again after a month. On the site I'm testing Kontera I earn about $25-30 a day with Adsense. Kontera doesn't seem too intrusive and hasn't effected my page load time, so I don't have any complaints about that yet. I'm hoping it provides about $10 a day and then I may add it to some of my other sites.

Does anyone know if I need permission to add the codes on other sites? On Adsense you just have to be approved for you first site, then you are free to add it to other sites as long as they meet to TOS. Anyone?

18. mikesilvia

mikesilvia Participant

+0
    So far so good!

My first full day of earnings got me $14.81. I got about 7,000 impressions on my Zune Blog. I won't expect that every day because it is the holidays and a lot of people just got their Zunes and have questions.

So far very happy! I will be happy with $10-$15 a day to compliment my Google Adsense.

19. mikesilvia

mikesilvia Participant

+0
  20. cpvr

cpvr Tazmanian Master

+125
    Congratulations buddy! :) Keep up the excellent work!

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted