Clickable title

Discussion in 'Community Organization' started by Maxxamillion, Jun 4, 2016.

1. Maxxamillion

Maxxamillion Gaming Geek

+1,227
    I currently have a tips and tricks area on my forum which is full of information on how to improve your YouTube content and social media presence.

I recently added a sticky thread which is full of big gaming youtuber interviews, where we ask questions about their success and what they did to gain the growth they have and everything about producing better content on YouTube.

However I've titled it 'YouTuber interviews' and let's be honest that title sucks. I'm hoping some special people here like EmpireEmpire can help me out with a better title that will get my members more likely to click on it.

2. Shawn Gossman

Shawn Gossman Tazmanian Master

+1,863
    I'm not as special as EmpireEmpire :p but how about these ideas?

"Interviews with the Gaming Gods of YouTube"

"Gamer YouTube Interviews that Help Get You Results"

"Got YouTube? These Big Time Gamers Do!"

"The Mega YouTube Gamer Channel Interview Thread"

The idea with titles to to trigger some sort of reaction between the reader and the title. Make them want to reply to something. When selecting a time, it can be an easier process by asking yourself what would make you read the post based on the title if you were just a regular member. Try not to be bias about it.

3. Maxxamillion

Maxxamillion Gaming Geek

+1,227
    Thank you for those idea Shawn, I do like them. I think I need some practice in titling some of my threads on my site. You are right I should think about it as an outsider, what would I want to click on

4. Shawn Gossman

+1,863
    Go to competitive forums and research their largest topics in terms of activity. Look at their post titles and see how they relate to the content. In some cases, doing that can be helpful for you as a forum owner. :) You can also seek internet sources like blogs, news headlines and such to get the same kind of intel. It is easy to make a quickie title that is basic, it is hard to make something eye catching, this I know!

5. Monkey Wrench

Monkey Wrench Enthusiast

+59

6. Tecca

Tecca Fan

+374
    Achieve YouTube Gaming Fame — Interviews with the Big Guys

Gamers love achievements, eh eh

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  7. Shawn Gossman

+1,863
    I'd just make the title related to your niche though as it will do better in search for that reason. "how to improve your YouTube content and social media presence" is a bit broad to different topics, niche-specific content and trigger words is likely going to get more attention by the right people you are targeting for.

8. Maxxamillion

Maxxamillion Gaming Geek

+1,227
    I would always make the title relevant to the content that it contains, would never want a click bait title that would mislead users EVER. But research is something I guess I've never really done haha never really looked into competing sites much to be honest.

9. Shawn Gossman

+1,863
    Some people look at competing sites to mourn the fact that they are not better than them, I look at them to learn from the best and innovate my own community :)

10. Maxxamillion

Maxxamillion Gaming Geek

+1,227
    When I look at competing sites I always seem to point out the things I dislike about them when I visit. Not sure why I guess I'm just picky haha

11. Shawn Gossman

+1,863
    I originally made my Skywarn forum because of issues I had with the main competition. I know own the main competition as well which I never really predicted but I think our pickiness is really what makes us drive to create competing forums.

12. Maxxamillion

Maxxamillion Gaming Geek

+1,227
    Agreed, something that I have had said to me many times by members who join us that the site is very user friendly and that the community is very friendly and helpful compared to others they have used. Which makes me think that how can people run places they make people feel that they need to leave and find somewhere else. In all honesty I did 0 research into competing sites when I first started up I didn't market my site really beside the basics of social media and webmasters. But those search sites send us new members daily, and I don't feel like I've worked for it haha. I'm not sure if that is because I still see it all as fun and a hobby and not as work/job.

Then people like PoetJCPoetJC say things like they have seen me working hard with my community and I sit there thinking have I really ?

13. Sockio

Sockio Aspirant

+10
    #3 is pretty good, it's quite commonly used, but is pretty good either way!

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted