do you prefer circle or square avatars?

• Circle

Votes: 9 19.1%
  • Square

Votes: 38 80.9%

• Total voters

Morrigan

I put the Cute in Exe"cute".
I prefer circles myself. On my site I use circles to my advantage and give my users custom borders based on user group.

Mike Creuzer

Developer
Furthermore it bugs me that the RM at xenforo.com uses rounded avatars forr the RM thumbnails :p

R0binHood

Habitué
Yeah, I miss them. Square was best as default. Just like I miss the big versions of avatars in the old membercard :(

gogoblender

shiny happy pantless
this may be just a trivial question but just wondering what are other members opinions if they prefer rounded or square avatars?
lol funny how this topic has come up..I just updated my profile pic on FB...and was just astonished how much a circle crops off from our regular squares coming from our cameras...
Squares FTW...always!
:tup:

gogo

Oblivion Knight

Participant
I don't mind the circles, but prefer the squares..

*looks at avatar*

It's my logo.. It doesn't count! :oops:

cornnfedd

Captain Futurama
your screen is square, most forums are made up of right angles which are square if you join enough together.

circles just look weird...

I don't have a round forum....

R0binHood

Habitué
lol funny how this topic has come up..I just updated my profile pic on FB...and was just astonished how much a circle crops off from our regular squares coming from our cameras...
Squares FTW...always!
:tup:

gogo

Exactly, changing to a circle lops off over 20% of the image. Very annoying when you actually want to see a high quality/large version of the image in it's entirety.

overcast

Adherent
I found circle avtars good on some forum softwares like vanilla and flarum. But SMF, Xenforo looks good with the square avtars. Maybe it's just me on the design side.