Chatroom software

Discussion in 'Getting Started' started by Dakoom, Nov 6, 2015.

1. Dakoom

Dakoom Web City

+103
    I want to create a chatroom! At chat.klayz.com I want to have rooms and users can join them, but I can't find a good software for create this type of thing. Do you have suggestions?
    A perfect solution for me would be something like Slack, but I need to have it on my server, with my rooms, etc.! And I can't do this with Slack.

2. Digital Phoenix

Digital Phoenix Coffee Ninja

+1,290
  3. Dakoom

Dakoom Web City

+103
    And how do I integrate it in my website? It seems to be cool!

4. Digital Phoenix

+1,290
    It's still in beta but they will be releasing an api at some point

5. Dakoom

Dakoom Web City

+103
    I already founded one bu they needed me to install some software on my server and I wasn't able to do that as I am on a shared server for now. I hope this isn't the same. Can you please link me where they have it installed at rpnation.com (I can't find it)?

6. Digital Phoenix

+1,290
    You need to have ten posts to access it om wizards site. the chat is hosted on discords servers, so you'll be fine

7. Dakoom

Dakoom Web City

+103
    Oh ok, so it is hosted on their servers. I needed a chat that I can host. This is my problem.
    As said, I founded others chat softwares like Slack, etc. but they are all hosted by their companies hosts; you can't have it like a software to install on your personal server. I need something like this.

edit: ps: thank you for your replies, Merlin! :wtf_pigeon:

8. Tracy Perry

Tracy Perry Opinionated asshat

+3,536
    99% of the time, for a REALLY well performing/written chat program (with all the bells and whistles) you are going to need to be on a VPS at the minimum.

9. geebee

geebee Fan

+300
    I got an email the other day announcing tapatalk chat. I didn't read the email or click the link but it may be worth a look?

10. ozzy47

ozzy47 Tazmanian Veteran

+4,318
    I would use nothing done by TapaTalk.

11. NYCypher

NYCypher Neophyte

+0
  12. CovertWarfare

CovertWarfare Neophyte

+1
  13. GTB

GTB Tazmanian

+1,060
    I ran that for a while. It's not bad at all for a stand-alone chatroom, it's getting a bit old now though. It doesn't have a responsive theme included because it is old - which is a let down for it really. I think the newer version of it classed as being in 'development' for years now on the github page, that does but I couldn't get it installed. I don't think it's been worked on for years and is now just listed as abandoned software really.

Last edited: Jun 4, 2017
  14. maksim

maksim Serial Entrepreneur

+112
    WE integrated Rocket.Chat .... freaking love it.

15. CovertWarfare

CovertWarfare Neophyte

+1
    Sorry to bump an old thread, but I just saw this.

It actually is responsive. Well, as far as desktop solutions are concerned anyhow. Nobody wants to use a live chat function on mobile to begin with, imo.

Personally, I think it works great, and it was super easy to customize.

ai.imgur.com_THTTpEi.png

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.