Change a Logo in Footer

Discussion in 'HTML, CSS & JavaScript' started by Pigoo, Nov 3, 2019.

1. Pigoo

Pigoo Enthusiast

+20
    Hello all you coding experts out there.

I have a clickable logo in my sites footer...and I would like to update/change the logo image. I thought I'd be able to figure it out...but having some difficulty.

Below is a screenshot of the current logo as it appears on the live site...and the code from the footer/html file controlling it.

Can anyone give me some pointers on how to swap out the current logo in the screenshot for a new logo?

Thanks much.

LW Logo Screenshot.png

Footer Code.png

2. fixer

fixer I'm In My Prime

+1,166
    1. Right click image
    2. open in new tab
    3. read url in address bar
    4. create new image with same name
    5. upload to server overwriting old image
    6. refresh tab to see new image

3. fixer

fixer I'm In My Prime

+1,166
    Hide with Css...

Code:
    .Logo2 powered-by {
      visibility: hidden;
    }

4. Pigoo

Pigoo Enthusiast

+20
    Thanks very very much Fixer...really appreciate the help. I think I can follow the instructions you gave in your 1st post...and will give things a try shortly.

But was a little confused with what was said in your 2nd post: Regarding the "Hide with Css..."...and the code mentioned.

Are you saying I should do this as well...and if so...where does this code go?

Thanks much.:)

5. fixer

fixer I'm In My Prime

+1,166
    Well i don't know what software you are using but if it has an extra.css or custom.css area , if you plug in the code i gave you the logo will disappear

if you want to change it to something else use the first instructions

6. Pigoo

Pigoo Enthusiast

+20
    Good deal...understand.

Website software is vBulletin 4...but the footer code mentioned above is part of a .html file...which I think is not vBulletin related...but an extra .html file that is "weaved" in the website to display globally (this same exact footer displays on all pages).

Thanks

7. Pigoo

Pigoo Enthusiast

+20
    Just gave this a try...and it's looking more complicated than expected. In the code in the image above (post #1)...the clickable image is supposed to be linking to "http://www.liquidweb.com".

But when I right click the clickable footer image...open in new tab...the URL in the address bar is this:

https://www.liquidweb.com/products/?AID=+8 numbers&PID=+7 numbers&SID=+48 numbers/letters/symbols_cj=1&cjevent=+32 numbers/letters

All the extra stuff appears to me to be a bunch of account info...and the multiple long strings of numbers/letters are possibly account ID & account password hashes.

But to keep things simple...let's say I just want this clickable image in my sites footer to go directly to www.liquidweb.com. How do I accomplish this (how should the code look in the image in post #1)?

Thanks again:)

p.s. Just for clarity...the +8 numbers, +7 numbers, +48 numbers/letters/symbols, +32 numbers/letters info in the URL...are substitute info I put in there replacing the actual info for privacy/security purposes).

8. fixer

fixer I'm In My Prime

+1,166
    the code in your image should go directly to their site

9. haqzore

haqzore Devotee

+1,237
    Can you Right Click image > Copy Image Address > View the address of the image.

then

10. Pigoo

Pigoo Enthusiast

+20
    Thanks much for the sugestion...but I already tried this...and posted the results in post #6 of this thread.

Thanks

11. haqzore

haqzore Devotee

+1,237
    Do you mean post #7?

Did you open image in new tab?
    Or open link in new tab?

Judging by post #7, you may have opened the link.

Example - if I open image on a TAZ footer ad, I get a URL that contains an actual image file name.

12. Pigoo

Pigoo Enthusiast

+20
    Sorry...yes meant post #7.:)

I am "opening link in new tab"...which of course is not correct. I'm using Chrome...and when the footer image is right-clicked...I'm not getting an "open image in new tab" option.

These are the options I do get:

Screen Shot 2019-11-05 at 12.47.10 PM.png

Thanks

13. haqzore

haqzore Devotee

+1,237
    Yea, you're looking at the wrong thing. You need to be looking at the image url, not the link url.

Not sure - I'm also using chrome, both desktop and mobile, and both let me get the image url.

What about "inspect"?

14. Pigoo

Pigoo Enthusiast

+20
    I tried "inspect" but it pretty much only gives me the same code as I can see in the footer.html file I've been working with.

Interestingly...if I right-click on other images on my site (site logo's for example)...I do get the "open image in new tab" option. But I'm not getting the "open image in new tab" option when clicking on this footer image.:(

15. Pigoo

Pigoo Enthusiast

+20
    Hello all. Found the answer to the problem.

Someone I know suggested searching the vBulletin .css templates for the statements referenced in the footer.html file...and bamm...that's where the file name of the footer image I wanted to change was referenced. I was so wrapped up searching the server files & the code in the footer.html file...that I totally forgot about the vBulletin .css templates.

Thus I uploaded the new footer logo image I wanted to use...made the changes in the vBulletin .css template...saved the changes...and eureka...the new logo image I wanted appeared!

Thanks everyone for the help. The suggestions made...definitely helped in narrowing things down & helped in finding the final answer!:)

16. fixer

fixer I'm In My Prime

+1,166
    when you upgrade you may over write the changes just fyi

17. Pigoo

Pigoo Enthusiast

+20
    Thanks fixer. I think there's quite a bit of custom code on the site...gonna be a real headache at upgrade time. Lol

18. KimmiKat

KimmiKat Adherent

+119
    That looks like the footer on WHT.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.