Cartaholics Golf Cart Forum

1. HotRodCarts

HotRodCarts Aspirant

+19
  2. cheat_master30

cheat_master30 Moderator

+1,074
    Wow, you really can find a forum about literally anything.

Still, it seems like a good resource/community for golf cart hobbyists from what I can tell, so well done there.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  3. phatcows

phatcows Enthusiast

+142
    This site oddly piqued my interest, and I don't play golf, let alone ever been in a buggy!
    When I first glanced over the Forum name I read it as Catholics Golf Cart Forum and I thought that was really odd!

Last edited: Sep 2, 2019
  4. Kevin

Kevin Oooh, something shiny!

+1,212
    At first glance I read it as "Cathartic Golf Cart Forum" and thought... "Well, I guess that could be a peaceful hobby for some." :coffee:

5. HotRodCarts

HotRodCarts Aspirant

+19
    I started the forum in December 2005 running IPB1.3 until a couple years ago. I finally got tired of keeping IPB 1.3 working with newer versions of PHP and MySQL so I converted to XenForo.

As far as golf goes I've golfed once in my 59 years. Most of the members there have custom golf carts they use at their campgrounds or on the streets.:)

Last edited: Sep 2, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative! Informative! x 1
    • List
  6. fixer

fixer I'm In My Prime

+1,127
    ca copy.png

7. Philpug

Philpug Aspirant

+21
    Stats are confusing me. The same amount of threads (14K), less than half of the amount of messages/posts (168K to 389K) and over five times the amount of members (24000 to 4600) as my site has. I am nost questioning you but wondering which is healthier/better, more actual posts or more members?

8. doubt

doubt Tazmanian

+2,054
    Posts.
    Content is king.

9. HotRodCarts

HotRodCarts Aspirant

+19
    The majority of members on my forum register to ask a question and never return once it has been answered. Most of the threads in the tech sections of the forum only have on average 10 or less replies. I'd guess that out of every 100 new members 1 will stick around and become a regular. There's a couple hundred members that have been on the forum since 2005 and still post daily and help out answering questions.

10. MagicalAzareal

MagicalAzareal Magical Developer

+180
    Active members and posts, some sites have a zillion members who joined and never came back or bots.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.