can someone write rules for religious forum

Discussion in 'Community Organization' started by animezero, Jul 26, 2016.

1. animezero

animezero Neophyte

+5
    Can someone help me write rules for religious site with a forum. I am not good with writing rules but the site is about the religion islam.

2. darnoldy

darnoldy Curmudgeon

+407
    "In everything, then, do to others as you would have them do to you. For this is the essence of the Law and the prophets." —Matthew 7:12
    “Don't do unto others what you don't want others to do unto you.” ― Confucius
    "One should always treat others as they themselves wish to be treated."—From the Hitopadesa (Hindu text)
    “Return evil with Kindness.” (Qur'aan 13:22, 23:96, 41:34, 28:54, 42:40)
    “Do unto all men as you would wish to have done unto you; and reject for others what you would reject for yourselves.”—Abu Dawud

All the rules you need—the rest is just detail.

3. animezero

animezero Neophyte

+5
    Amazing bro, but they are some people who don't know common sense

4. darnoldy

darnoldy Curmudgeon

+407
    In my experience, the more-detailed and explicit that you try to make your "rules," the more arguments you get about whether a certain action violated that specific rule... I like to keep it general "Don't be an *sshole on the forum"—people always know when they violate that, and have a harder time agruing that they didn't.

5. Bill Statler

Bill Statler Aspirant

+25
    What types of people will be allowed on your forum? Is it for Muslims only? Is it for only conservatives, or are progressive Muslims allowed? Is it for only Shia or Sunni, or is it open to all branches?

Is criticism of Islam allowed? If so, is this limited to polite discussion of disagreements within Islam? Will you allow topics that are important to a few Muslims but offensive to many, such as homosexuality or evolution? Will you allow members who claim that Islam is evil and not a real religion?

Think about questions like this, and you will start to see what sorts of rules you need.

6. animezero

animezero Neophyte

+5
    it is for all kind of muslims and non muslims

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted