Zachy Neophyte

+0
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 12, 2014
  2. gogoblender

gogoblender shiny happy pantless

+510
    Hey Zachy, welcome to Taz!

Since you asked... :lildevil:
    I will say that I think I like the background of the buttons, but the red on them didn't, right off the bat, make me think of blood. Maybe using blood dripping down them will give you that effect of "bloody buttons" that you want? Maybe making the blood more solid instead of, where in parts we see through it and the illusion of blood isn't so convincing?

I would think that if blood is in your mind while creating this, the first thing you'd want a viewer to think of would be blood, which in my case, I'm so sorry but I didn't. :(

Keep working at these though, and maybe do some image searches of blood on walls or dripping blood to see if you can fix in your head the image that will shout to all of us...

B l o o d !

Good luck

:)

gogo

3. afterburner

afterburner Neophyte

+0

yeah, i agree. these buttons should've been called 'splattered buttons'
    anyways, i hope i could make buttons and contribute here, too.

4. TheSportsLounge

TheSportsLounge Aspirant

+0
    They are nice, but wouldn't fit well on my sports forum. Thanks, though.

5. East Hill

East Hill Enthusiast

+2
    I don't know about any one else's monitor, but on mine the buttons look seriously too dark and blobby. If you hadn't described them as bloody, I would have never known.

East Hill

6. Ka3kosh

Ka3kosh Neophyte

+0
    i dont c anything :$

7. Cjanz

Cjanz Enthusiast

+3
    There's way too many splatters on there, it makes it hard to notice that the ranks even have titles.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2007
  8. Extreme

Extreme Adherent

+1
    They have titles on them? :confused:

9. Cjanz

Cjanz Enthusiast

+3
    Haha, as a matter of fact they do. If you look closely enough you'll see New User, Moderator, etc. Amongst the "blood" splatters.

10. Xief

Xief Enthusiast

+2
    .. Ohh, I see them. :D

The splattering may not be the problem, though. I just suggest a new font in a different color. Perhaps one that's bigger/bolder and takes up more of the button. I understand you were trying to fit in with the whole "splatter" theme with that font, but I don't think it's necessary.

Other than that, they look good. Keep practicing! :)

11. Sir Rusty

Sir Rusty Participant

+0
    I see them. One says New User, Administrator and I cant see some of em. I think the last one on 2nd row doesn't have any text on the image.

12. Chaws

Chaws Neophyte

+0
    Perhaps if you put a stroke around the letters they would stand out more?

13. carita

carita Freezing your screens

+5
    I wouldn't have known there is some text in them, if someone hadn't mentioned it. It didn't bring blood in my mind, but it could look good in some dark site.

14. stuart

stuart Aspirant

+0
    I cant see any words??

15. biliyad1

biliyad1 Aequitas - Veritas

+1
    I can't see a thing. Is there supposed to be text?

16. ahero4heor

ahero4heor Participant

+0
    Yeah, on all but the most lower, right button... Try this with "A Theme for Murder" font. It looks pretty good if you don't use red. I used white/grey.

17. shawnhartwell

shawnhartwell Habitué

+23
    I'm confused. Are these buttons meant to have text on them? If that is the case...I can't make out the text on them. The style and background is good though.

18. OrangeStu

OrangeStu Fan

+4
    I cant see any writing????

19. Ikram45

Ikram45 Aspirant

+0
    These buttons will match with gaming sites :lildevil:

20. eviltechie

eviltechie Participant

+0
    I can't read the text on the buttons.

Not too back though, maybe tone down the splatters a bit and change the font color.

Also, maybe try some other blood patterns...smears, drips, etc. I did a bloody layout for halloween on my site last year. I may still have some of the source images.

You could also try real blood. Obtaining it can be a pain though. Example (the red logo): http://helldot.com/?styleid=5

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.