big brands of ecomerce - why not to use them

Discussion in 'eCommerce' started by macfanpl, Oct 8, 2019.

1. macfanpl

macfanpl Participant

+10
    PrestaShop

Generates many errors, (in majority) rendering it unable to install itself. Their so called installer is ****ing broken. The same with shop. Not too mention its AdminPanel; its broken from the begining meaning you have to be lucky to get to even login screen.

Dev team knows whats going on - they just are amateurish bastards and - once noted - ignore SG/SM.

Once contacted via KQt (whatever ****) they just ignore you.

Its like this with PS, Magento and literally every big ecommerce project

• Informative! Informative! x 1
    • List
  2. zappaDPJ

zappaDPJ Administrator

+5,486
    It's not an area I have much involvement with but perhaps those products are becoming obsolete and therefore the incentive to maintain or further develop them is gone? I see a lot of custom built e-commerce solutions these days so maybe it's just a sign of the times?

3. Defiant America

Defiant America Neophyte

+1
    WooCommerce base is solid, but I have found that their expensive extensions are buggier than the free base. I tried to use the Bookings plugin and it is limited on what it will do because trying to use the full features on it are riddled with bugs. The Bookings calendar shows the wrong title on some months when the date is the last day of the month. I may be trying the Membership and Subscription plugins soon, but I am not looking forward to paying and then finding out I am a beta tester.

4. mysiteguy

mysiteguy Administrator

+2,279
    I've never had any issues installing and setting up Prestashop.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.