BidClix

Discussion in 'Generating Revenue' started by rockergrrl, Apr 8, 2004.

1. rockergrrl

rockergrrl Aspirant

+0
    Hello,

I was wondering if anyone had any experience with BidClix.

I came across their site via a advertisement link at the MSNBC website.

I got accepted to be a publisher, but I don't have the foggiest clue in how to integrate their placement code on the board - as its something like this:

Code:
    [size=2]<!-- Begin bidclix.com Code -->[/size]
    [size=2]<script language="javascript">[/size]
    [size=2]r = Math.random();document.write('<iframe src="http://ads.bidclix.com/adserve.php?placement_id=XXXXX&page_url=http://YOUR_PAGE_URL_HERE&cb='+r+'" width="468" height="60" scrolling="no" frameBorder="0"></iframe>'); [/size]
    [size=2]</script>[/size]
    [size=2]<!-- End bidclix.com Code -->
    [/size]
    In their email it says that for each page that the placement code is placed in, it needs to be edited specifically in the code. :irked:

Any suggestions in how I should go about doing this?

And if you've had experience with them, please share.

Thanks!
    Tonya

2. Bryan

Bryan Lost in Ohio...

+3
    If you have vB, and want it at the top, just edit the style you want to put it in and put that code at the very top of the header box... (wrap center tags around it to center the ad)

3. rockergrrl

rockergrrl Aspirant

+0
    Yup, I knew that much (I know vB like the back of my hand)

The question was more so, how abouts they went into editing the placement tag URL - since its for a static page, and vBulletin is dynamic.

I got the answer anyways from BidClix this morning. They told me to just put the main forum index page for the URL.

Thanks for your help, though.

Anyone have any experience with BidClix? If so, have you been paid well (no specifics - just a general inquiry).

Thanks again,

4. Bryan

Bryan Lost in Ohio...

+3
    gotcha LOL I didn't scroll over to the right in the code box to see where it was asking for your URL... :) I've never used BidClix before...doing decent with Burst right now :) good luck!

5. rooshine

rooshine Adherent

+1
    I just started serving bidclix skyscrapers on some of my pages about 20 minutes ago. It's probably very irresponsible of me to offer criticism so early, but thus far I am disappointed with the targeting. I understand they are not as targeted as adsense, but the ads have little to do with the channel I selected. I'll give it a more time and judge after enough impressions have been served.

6. rooshine

rooshine Adherent

+1
    A quick update:

I ran BidClix for several days. The targeting was way off, and as a result, there were very few clicks. I am not saying BidClix is bad, just that it did not fit my site. I was just approved by AdSense and began running with that program in the last few minutes. Targeting isn't perfect, but it is already far superior. I am more hopeful about those results.

7. kilcher

kilcher Devotee

+20
    I signed up before I realized they were text-based ads. Since they can't be run with AdSense I won't be running them.

8. cactusrecords

cactusrecords Aspirant

+0
    why don't you try click-share.com?i use them and i'm satisfied so i'd recommend them as a good alternative:coffee:

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted