Best Vacation

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Ronish Baxter, Mar 16, 2018.

1. Ronish Baxter

Ronish Baxter Aspirant

+3
    I agree that people are losing respect for nature which I also absolutely detest. And indeed it is true that it's hard to get away from it all and say it quits. Life is tough and so no matter what, you always get pulled back unless you decide upon it and say to yourself that no matter what, I am not returning back...Hoep you achieve the At trail and all the best.

2. xmoonlight444

xmoonlight444 Aspirant

+2
    My ideal vacation always involves warm weather and a beach. I just went to Virginia beach for the first time with my family a few weeks ago and it was amazing. Swimming in the ocean is so freeing.

3. Shawn Gossman

Shawn Gossman Tazmanian Master

+1,921
    I'd love to do a road bike tour (bicycle) of Italy's countryside regions, multiple week tour, maybe one day!

4. Tracy Perry

Tracy Perry Opinionated asshat

+3,512
    For me it's fairly simple... Being retired every day is a vacation according to most people (ha-ha, wait until they are retired and then everyone is asking them to help out on this or that or something else "because you are retired and have plenty of time).
    But what I've always enjoyed doing was boon-docking in a travel trailer. Normally it's in the quieter areas as most RV/travel trailer people want elec/sewer/water hookups.
    Me, I just want some nice dark skies (Bortle class 1 preferred but class 2 acceptable) and no kids coming up and "Say mister, can we look through your telescope" type antics. I don't mind kids looking, but if I'm in that dark of sky area, I'm running a camera typically on the telescope and I don't think they want to look at the a computer screen since they are usually long time lapse photos shoots.
    Also nice is where I'm at to have some decent trails to ride the Giant Talon 2 that is inbound that replaces my old Wal-Mart "special" Mongoose that belonged to my son when he was in his early teens.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.