Best site for marketing

Ezra

Neophyte
Hey...
Guys what do you think which is social networking site is best for marketing...??
share your opinion here
As far as i think facebook is best one... Just because of like button and ability to create fan page...

Last edited by a moderator:

Preemo

Fan
Facebook and Twitter in my opinion. The simplicity to use them is amazing, you don't have to be knowledgeable in websites and web marketing, it's very simple.

Facebook and twitter. I have a Facebook fan page. Which I need to promote and twitter account where i follow the important figures and news concerning my niche. I only have 3 people following me on Facebook at the moment, but I haven't been promoting it as much as I should.

Pavan123

Aspirant
best for online marketing

Hey...
Guys what do you think which is social networking site is best for marketing...??
share your opinion here
As far as i think facebook is best one... Just because of like button and ability to create fan page...

hi, try Twitter and linkedin are good for promoting brands and also can bring more likes

forumscripts

Content Writer/Dev
Facebook and maybe Twitter.

But honestly, just creating pages there and posting links to your forum, won't help.

Lisa

Chaotically Proportional
Facebook and maybe Twitter.

But honestly, just creating pages there and posting links to your forum, won't help.

What he said :)

Social networking is an excellent took for marketing, but only if it's used correctly. Making a facebook page or a twitter account and then just throwing link after link out will gain you nothing. Using them to interact, entice, discuss and draw people in, on the other hand, may bring you some rewards.

Like any other method it won't do the job itself, you have to work hard at it to achieve decent results.

dotpeddler

Aspirant
Could be just me but I find Twitter much more responsive in attracting the corporate or business user and Facebook draws the more casual visitor to my sites.

I agree -- thowing links doesn't do it. Being "social" is the key to success on these venues and that absorbs a lot of time. I've got to the point where I've had to enlist folks to help me get it done.

Lisa

Chaotically Proportional
Yes Facebook is the best and second one is twitter

I'd have to disagree. A facebook account is only made up of people you've added - it's rare for a page on there to have anyone other than those people who already know about a site (or friends) so it's limited in its effectiveness for getting new blood, unless you pay out for their ads.

Twitter, on the other hand, you have a broader spectrum - people follow you without you having to follow them in return, they retweet things that interest them, sending it even further out not to mention the hash tags resutling in trending topics when people search for things.

I would say Twitter is far better for marketing than Facebook :) not that either of them will do an ounce of good if you have a terrible site to begin with, mind you.

ups1984

Aspirant
Facebook is AMAZING for marketing from both angles, Facebook page or advertising...you get great results from both

OpenWeb

Aspirant
I agree that nowadays the best sites are social networking sites.
I would also add some content aggregator websites.

ourscompany

Aspirant
Active participation in platform like facbook, twitter, linkedin will help you. Remember active participation and value share.

couponsitescript

Participant
Facebook and Twitter in my opinion. The simplicity to use them is amazing, you don't have to be knowledgeable in websites and web marketing, it's very simple.

You are right. I like Twitter better than Facebook ... but I use them both.

88dbsakthi

Neophyte
Facebook is my choice. Its more SEO friendly and the user engagement ratio is higher than any other social networks

benny18

Aspirant
Hi everyone,

Im new to this forum and i would like to say hi to everyone. My name is Ben.

I would like to say the biggest social networking sites are facebook and twitter. Nothing else comes close. But because they are the biggest does not mean they are the best. There are many smaller sites with closer knit communities out there. SOme non social networking websites such as stumbleupon is pretty good and i do use it quite often.