Best search option for XF 2?

Discussion in 'XenForo' started by pjk, Sep 5, 2018.

1. pjk

pjk Aspirant

+1
    I installed Enhanced Search but it's crashing and need to upgrade the server to use it. The default XF SE is awful. What search do you guys use on your forums? My forum is about 1.25M posts. Thanks.

2. dethfire

dethfire Habitué

+197
    ES is pretty much it and actually XF hardly utilizes it anyway and still XF search sucks. Most my members search my forum via Google.

3. zappaDPJ

zappaDPJ Administrator

+4,699
    Like dethfiredethfire I use Google and that's what I recommend to my users.

4. R0binHood

R0binHood Fan

+398
    Threadloom is good, not sure if they have an XF2 implementation yet.

5. Threadloom

Threadloom Participant

+50
    We have released our XF2 implementation out of beta recently. It's free for forums up to 1M posts, and starts at $5 a month. More than happy to extend a 30 day trial to make sure it's a good fit for your community.

Install is like other XF2 addons, but we do offer install assistance at no charge if you require it.

https://threadloom.com/search

6. pjk

pjk Aspirant

+1
    I wish I would have known about this prior to upgrading my server and setting up ES. Do you have any demo forums using it? Thanks!

7. Threadloom

Threadloom Participant

+50
    Absolutely -
    Here is a side by side demo on a 5M+ post forum:
    HomesteadingToday

One thing I'd ask is to look at the results, as they are different. Instead of just keywords, Threadloom digs deep to bring the best and most relevant content to the search resulting in longer time on page, additional pageviews and an overall satisfied user.

We also offer a near instant image search as well - you can see it on this slightly less than 1M post forum:
    theMouthPiece

On theMouthPiece you can also see our List Builder product that will allow you to build a double opted-in mailing list for your site, based on quality posts.
    I'm more than happy to answer any other questions you may have, as well as demo any of our products for you.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2018 at 10:12 AM
  8. pjk

pjk Aspirant

+1
    Thanks. How does Threadloom work? Is it simply an addon? Can you please send the XF 2 integration?

9. Threadloom

Threadloom Participant

+50
    Hi pjkpjk -
    It's an addon, that uses our servers to process the searches - as far as sending you the XF2 integration. My recommendation is for you to sign up for an account - by going here. From there you can add your XF2 forum into the dashboard, and download the customized app for your site. Feel free to use the TAZVIP coupon code for your community.

If you have any issues please feel free to reply to this thread, or to start a conversation with me.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.