Best Developers for xenForo

Discussion in 'XenForo' started by fixer, Nov 24, 2018.

1. fixer

fixer I'm In My Prime

+633
  2. Destroy Repeat

Destroy Repeat DestroyRepeat.com

+80
  3. we_are_borg

we_are_borg Moderator

+1,863
    • Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 2
    • List
  4. Destroy Repeat

+80
    I second Pixel Exit! :)

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  5. mysiteguy

mysiteguy Devotee

+1,896
    Themehouse is inconsistent, they bought addons from several different developers.

6. R0binHood

R0binHood Fan

+548
    I guess in terms of longevity and consistency, maybe Kier, Mike and Chris? Sometimes it can take a while between updates, but the final result is usually pretty solid.

7. Alfa1

Alfa1 Moderator

+2,499
    They hired some of them, including Waindigo. (Jon W)

8. R0binHood

R0binHood Fan

+548
    I noticed that recently. I think they acquired all his add ons when he left the scene (which was a massive amount at the time), but it appears he might now be back, but working for them? I only noticed the affiliation (I assume?) due to his sig the other day.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2018
  9. Alfa1

Alfa1 Moderator

+2,499
    Yes, Waindigo works for Themehouse and produces xenforo addons for TH.

10. Mike Creuzer

Mike Creuzer Developer

+160
    We never bought any add-ons that's just people guessing. We tried to maintain them as best we can, successfully on some, not so much on others. That was years ago.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative! Informative! x 1
    • List
  11. Russ

Russ Administrator

+1,682
  12. Bionic Rooster

Bionic Rooster Adherent

+194
    upload_2018-11-27_16-28-14.png

13. Mike Creuzer

Mike Creuzer Developer

+160
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Appreciation Appreciation x 1
    • List
  14. Russ

Russ Administrator

+1,682
    I'm sorry? You didn't directly quote Alfa so I assumed you responded to this as well:

Can't help myself what exactly?

15. Destroy Repeat

+80
    Ok, ok boys let's not go down that path.

With due respect, Mike CreuzerMike Creuzer you or your company did say you acquired plugins. So, let's get that out of the way. It's not a bad thing. I doubt that's what the user was trying to say about you. Just because he says you're inconsistent does not imply you're incompetent. Just that you have some hits and some misses. Just an observation.

16. Alfa1

Alfa1 Moderator

+2,499
    Thanks for clarifying as it was confusing me. Because I understood that you purchased Borboles addons at two times.

In regards to Waindigo/Jon W: For how long has Jon been working for Themehouse? You mentioned years ago that you had great respect for and supported Jon and at the time it gave me the impression that there was a working relationship of some kind. Which now obviously exists.

17. mysiteguy

mysiteguy Devotee

+1,896
    In the items I purchased from Themehouse, I have (at least, haven't looked through all of them) addons developed by Audentio (Themehouse), Waindigo and Faqe.

The inconsistency is that many of the addons have been abandoned, with outstanding bugs. Those with ongoing development faired much better and bugs have been taken care of.

It's not that I won't use Themehouse, I use many of their addons and still recommended them to clients. It's rather that I am careful about which addons I use. If they do not show they've been updated in while I won't use them (unless they are a simple addon) out of concern it will be abandoned.

What Themehouse maintains is great stuff, and they certainly have competent development. But there is such a thing as taking on more addons than can reasonably be maintained by a small staff.

• Appreciation Appreciation x 1
    • List
  18. Bionic Rooster

Bionic Rooster Adherent

+194
    Well I don't know about that. AndyB a one man operation, maintains 454 resources compared to ThemeHouse with large staff, maintains 431 resources

19. mysiteguy

mysiteguy Devotee

+1,896
    Thank you for validating what I said by mentioning AndyB, do a search on him here on TAZ.

20. Alfa1

Alfa1 Moderator

+2,499
    That flew right over your head I am afraid.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.