Best Cheap Web Host?

Discussion in 'Hosting Discussions' started by Putnam, Apr 5, 2010.

1. Putnam

Putnam Oh you know...

+4
    So I have my forum that has quite a bit of traffic, and am looking to find an actual web host for it instead of my own computer. What is the best cheap web host with PHP, MySQL, and all those goodies? I'm not really looking to spend any more than $60 a year, but $20-50 would be great.

I'm looking at JustHost, with the 50OFF coupon. $42 for a year with $250 ad credits. Is JustHost good?

Last edited: Apr 5, 2010
  2. xsuni101

xsuni101 Aspirant

+0
    You can try JustHost. There you can get hosting account at $4.95 PM but you need to 24 months charge at a time.

3. Beefy

Beefy Biker Nerd

+0
  4. Noles

Noles paypal+

+74
  5. Nick2

Nick2 Aspirant

+0
    I use 1&1. While they have a lot of mixed reviews, I've been with them for a few years now and haven't had any problems with their shared hosting packages (I've upgraded a few times). The only thing I don't like about 1&1 is the 100mb limit per MySQL database, but I'm sort of avoiding that issue until I actually hit the limit. You can check out what they have to offer at http://1and1.com

6. HostColor

HostColor Participant

+0
    There are quite a lot of hosting companies that will fit in your budget. However if your forum is going to grow, you could consider any VPS solutions. The cost of a VPS is alot more than any regular shared hosting account, but considering the bandwith your forum may consume in future, it could still be an option.

7. MikeDVB

MikeDVB Fan

+17
    I would make sure to find a provider that you can grow with (i.e. shared->semi-dedicated->vps->dedicated) or something similar and one that will help you make the transitions from each level.
    As far as a VPS - I wouldn't start out on one or suggest starting out on one unless you like spending money for something you don't really need. Save some of your money and go with a shared provider.

I would suggest finding a cPanel powered provider as there are a lot of them and if you ever need to shift to a new provider it will make your life easier.

I would also avoid the "bottom of the barrel" priced providers (such as $10~25/year) unless it's with some sort of special promotion because 9 times out of 10 it's cheap for a reason (i.e. service and support will be bottom of the barrel as well).

8. karmapolice

karmapolice Enthusiast

+0
    Not sure about the best, but as for me there is really good efficiene considered at the plans of webhostingbuzz.com which I recommend you to visit and consider for your solutions.

9. Mosss

Mosss Enthusiast

+0
    Pretty much all the companies nowadays come with a money back guarantee. So you are free to explore different companies and pick the best.
    I can recommend you to check Eukhost.com PHP hosting solutions.
    The company is stable and honest, so I suppose it will be reasonable for your request.

10. Jakeomatic

Jakeomatic Participant

+3
    I agree. They are the best hosting company I have had, with the exception of HostGator, however HawkHost has lower prices so I say go with HawkHost, they are awesome :D

11. WebhostGIANT_Rob

WebhostGIANT_Rob Adherent

+0
    You may try this month one web hosting company and next month you may try another web hosting company. That would be the best in your situation if you doubt.

12. TrixieTang

TrixieTang Admin

+1,814
    In my opinion that's very bad advice. Changing hosts isn't something you should do unless it's necessary, and it's definitely not something you should do every month. You should pick one host and stay with it until you have a real reason to switch to another, such as your site growing too large or bad service from your current host.

13. WebhostGIANT_Rob

WebhostGIANT_Rob Adherent

+0
    Changing and trying.... I would not recommend changing them. I recommend trying both and then make decision.
    I agree with you - changing web hosts is not good idea at all.

14. prashcha

prashcha Enthusiast

+0
    I would recommend you to check out services from webhostgiant, site5 and just199
    'cause they provide reliable and inexpensive services.
    These guys know how to keep everything working. Choose the host that suits your needs and provides constant and uninterrupted services and support.

15. HavenX

HavenX Aspirant

+0
    You can try hostgator they have have a 99.99% Uptime starts at 4.95/month very cheap with great services offer and good support too....

16. Krazy12

Krazy12 Participant

+0
  17. 2dub

2dub Adherent

+41
    I have to agree. I moved to HawkHost a few months ago and love it.

18. paratrooper

paratrooper Neophyte

+0
    DreamHost is charging me $35/year to host my four websites. Not sure what plan I'm on.

19. MarkFortune

MarkFortune Tazchillionaire

+3
    Inmotionhosting is pretty good. I use them with no problems for $5.95 month.

20. MikeDVB

MikeDVB Fan

+17
    My experiences with them are that their servers tend to be tremendously overloaded and slow but things may have changed since last year.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted