Banning Procedures?

Discussion in 'Members & Staff' started by Elyrose, Dec 5, 2008.

1. LordScorch

LordScorch Participant

+3
    My superiors procedure: You piss him off bad enough, you're done.

2. Deimos

Deimos Devotee

+928
    I rarely go through any set procedure when dealing with trouble makers

If someone has signed up JUST to be rude and disrespectful, I tend to skip the formalities and give them a stern, but diplomatic warning, referencing our rules on being respectful to others
    If they then reply back with rudeness or disrespect, they get a permanent ban.
    I view my forum as my house and the members as guests in said house
    If you can't respect the owner or his friends (staff), then you aren't welcome there.

With that type of user management, my forum is a relatively peaceful place, we very rarely have problems.

3. Elixer

Elixer Participant

+0
    Running through my list of bans in my mind. I think I have only had to ban Spammers and Bots. So far *knock on wood* no troublesome members.

4. TrixieTang

TrixieTang Admin

+2,070
    We used to use the infraction system while we were still using vB, but since we switched to IPB we really haven't had a set system for banning and just do it as needed.

Having tried both ways I really think it's a matter of preference, having no real system in place is much simpler and usually better for forums where rule violations are rare, while a set system of violations and point values is often better for forums where there are lots of rule violations.

In the end which you choose to use is up to you.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted