Banner ad manager

Discussion in 'Finance and Traffic' started by bernard, Oct 9, 2018.

1. bernard

bernard Enthusiast

+11
    "If it ain't broke, don't fix it."

I haven't made any changes to my sites in many years. I'm still running vB 3.8 along with a number of old scripts that are no longer supported, including a self-hosted script of OpenAds/OpenX to manage an inventory of banner ads that display on my sites. I'm thinking about making some changes, but I'm not current on what solutions are out there, so I thought I'd ask here what you all are using.

I want to be able to do the following:
    • Maintain an inventory of banner ads that I show for free (generally non-profit organizations in my niche)
    • Sell banner ad campaigns to customers that want to target my site(s)
    • Have control over the display of the ads (currently I display some text and a link to my advertising page underneath every banner shown, but the text is different depending upon whether the ad is a free (non-profit) or paid campaign).

Ideas?

2. bernard

bernard Enthusiast

+11
  3. mysiteguy

mysiteguy Devotee

+1,785
    Have you considered Google DFP? It will do everything you need.

4. bernard

bernard Enthusiast

+11
    No. I want a self hosted solution.

5. mysiteguy

mysiteguy Devotee

+1,785
    Ok, I understand. I use both Revive and DFP. I use DFP with pricing tiers for some types of my direct advertisers so if Adsense has a higher paying ad it fills in the slot instead of the direct advertiser. I use Revive all other direct advertiser ad slots which don't have Adsense equivalents.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.