Featured Awesome Xenforo Sites

Discussion in 'XenForo' started by Pigoo, May 5, 2019.

1. mysiteguy

mysiteguy Devotee

+2,166
  2. Pigoo

Pigoo Participant

+15
    Wow...super nice site/link mysiteguy. Hard to believe it's a Xenforo site!

Thanks very much for the link sir!:)

3. doubt

doubt Tazmanian

+2,003
    I did not know that for example TAZ, which is a heavily modified site with a custom theme already moved to XF2.

4. PoetJC

PoetJC ⚧ Jacquii: Black Kween of Transition ⚧

+5,275
    Great site. And it's owned by the incomparable JaxelJaxel - developer of the popular XenPorta add-on as well as a slew of other premium add-ons.
    That site is definitely innovative and an inspiration. In fact- Just gave me an idea about my shop idea...

J.

5. PoetJC

PoetJC ⚧ Jacquii: Black Kween of Transition ⚧

+5,275
    Another great XF install ==> https://smashboards.com/
    Really a lot of custom stuff going on and it's super-impressive!

J.

6. Chris D

Chris D XenForo Developer

+1,691
    Great to see so many heavily modded sites with custom styles running XF2.

7. R0binHood

R0binHood Habitué

+832
    After glancing at the URL I was hoping for an XF alternative to Tinder. I suppose it’ll have to do...signs up anyway to get in on the NTFC vs PAL debate featured in What’s New.

8. mysiteguy

mysiteguy Devotee

+2,166
    I've always liked his designs at his site. They won't work for my audiences, but still very creative and really showcase what can be done not only with Xenforo but also his portal.

9. MagicalAzareal

MagicalAzareal Developer

+27
    That makes me want to click it even more... Oh, it's just cannabis, you tricked me! lol

10. R0binHood

R0binHood Habitué

+832
    I imagine there’s still quite a few employers who still would’t he happy with the content depending on the job/location, hence the nswf

11. MagicalAzareal

MagicalAzareal Developer

+27
    Mm, just that people normally mean, you know...

Nice site though lol

12. R0binHood

R0binHood Habitué

+832
    Mmm. I came across an XF1 site a couple of years ago that was very heavily modified, and probably the most NSFW I've ever seen. It was heavily modified to host and share violent and gory videos. I've forgotten what it was called and don't really have any desire to try and remember. I do remember thinking they had implimented the video implimentation on it quite nicely at the time though, a few years before we got it in the core.

13. cornnfedd

cornnfedd Captain Futurama

+199
    hahaha I was literally going to post that site as well.

on a side note go and have a look at the showcase sites on the official xenforo site, there are some nice ones there.

14. Pigoo

Pigoo Participant

+15
    Great idea. Thanks:)

15. Study Force

Study Force Aspirant

+9
    I don't know what it is, but I feel like there's so much going on with all the linked mentioned above. Feel like there's bloat with these Xenforo communities

16. Pigoo

Pigoo Participant

+15
    In this thread I asked for "really awesome" examples of what can be done with a Xenforo site...thus the Xenforo sites linked in this thread will have more "bell's & whistles" to them.:)

I'm trying to decide if migrating to Xenforo is for me...and having some "wild" examples of what can be done with Xenforo is what I was looking for. Then I can customize as I see fit by chosing only the add-ons I want/need...and not necessarlily duplicating everything the linked sites have.

There are lots & lots of "plain-vanilla" Xenforo sites out there...and if I had asked for links to them in the thread...then you would have them to look at...and maybe you would have found them less "bloated".:)

But hey...your biology forum site looks pretty darn good running on SMF...congrats! I'm going to bookmark it for future reference.:)

17. MinerFan

MinerFan Aspirant

+5
    Very nice.

Does anyone know what add-on is being used to feature "New Replies / New Posts / Trending" box? Or is that just the native widget to Xen 2.1?

18. Russ

Russ Administrator

+1,716
    • Like Like x 2
    • Informative! Informative! x 1
    • List
  19. Solidus

Solidus Stupid machines!

+329
  20. Xyphien

Xyphien Aspirant

+7
Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.