Avatar was a very very BAD movie

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by gogoblender, Apr 20, 2010.

1. Daroldi

Daroldi Administrator

+680
    I agree and vote haters should be banned! Lol jk

2. PoetJC

PoetJC [* Jacq Of All Trades *]

+2,381
    You are waaaaay to kind. The haters should be "reformed" bahahahha

3. Katana00

Katana00 Participant

+0
    I couldn't stand the love story and the goodie-feeling I got from it. Half of the movie made me feel gay inside. I can't remember most of it anyway. I did like the Goliath looking things that they were using. I think it was my only compliment about the movie when I was asked if I liked it.

4. DeveloperBase

DeveloperBase Participant

+2
    I enjoyed the movie, thought it was great.

5. blox

blox Neophyte

+0
    I watched in 3D and I liked it.

6. gackt

gackt Aspirant

+2
    I saw the movie in 3d and recently watched on tv it was ok but 3d was fantastic
    james did really good job
    100 times better than Titanic though I also liked it

7. TedNiuNiu

TedNiuNiu Neophyte

+0
    Anyway, i still like it very much!

8. GalPal

GalPal Participant

+10
    I am a conservative American. I chose not to ever see the Avatar movie because of the underlying message woven in the script of anti-military and anti-American.

Here's a CNN short video:
    http://am.blogs.cnn.com/2010/01/26/critics-avatar-is-anti-military-anti-religion/

With that being said, on the other hand my family and I are the biggest Science Fiction fans. Can't get enough Star Trek (any generation lol), Star Wars, V Series and the like, virtually anything Sci/Fi with all the special effects!

Because I support our US military and frankly military men and women across the pond and other military groups that protect their country, I couldn't in good conscientious see Avatar. I felt that I would be betraying the very men and women that keep my family, friends and country safe.

I am not any different when it comes to other entertainment media. When I found out about ABC's new show GCB's, I've boycotted ABC and all the sponsors of that show, which includes; JcPenney and Target to name two sponsors.

9. Daroldi

Daroldi Administrator

+680
    Don't you think that's a tad extreme? It's just a movie.

10. GalPal

GalPal Participant

+10
    Yes :hopeless: I suppose you are right! :hiding:

11. Katana00

Katana00 Participant

+0
    It's just a movie that shows people about mankinds destruction

:biglaugh:

Because we needed the reminder

12. PoetJC

+2,381
    Wow - I don't know how I managed to miss your post GalPal. But I must say that it is the most absurd thing I think I've ever seen posted in a discussion forum LOL - So here's your award:

ai220.photobucket.com_albums_dd134_ThickMadam1_1st.gif

The concept behind the Avatar surpasses any mundane rumifications regarding the American military. The underlying message I saw woven throughout the script is all about learning to merge unlike worlds and unlike minds into a conceptual peace, even when the forces that be (or rather the asshats with more capital) are dead set against such a peace. I think of my favorite Sojourner Truth quote when I consider the Avatar concept:

"These together" referring Jake Sully & Neytiri ... "Right side up again" obviously occurred when the negative forces where marched off Pandora.

Then considering the actual meaning of "Pandora" (according to Greek mythology) is the very first woman (formed out of clay by the gods) who's referred to as the giver of all things or endowed with everything...

I'm rambling. But yeah... Avatar is much deeper than anti-American Military, you only need to look deeper to gain such appreciation for it I suppose.

J.

13. Daroldi

Daroldi Administrator

+680
    Lol think we found a fanatic!

14. PoetJC

+2,381
    Actually - I'm about an hour and a half into Avatar now - I paused immediately so that I can express this thought. Saying Avatar is conceptually an anti-American military propoganda film is valid.

I say such a labeling is more juvenile than valid though, especially when we take into consideration that we're talking about HUGE blue people. :noid: lol - okay - I will most certainly enjoy the rest of my film whilst knowing deep in the pit of my heart that I am a patriot ;)

J.

15. Morganna

Morganna Mistress of Mayhem

+4,698
    I haven't read the entire thread... 7 pages about avatar is a bit much for me :D But I enjoyed the film. It was amusing, the cgi wasn't awful. I wasn't interested in the anti-military or any other type of propoganda that might or might not have been in there. I watched it for what it was - a couple of hours entertainment.. and it did the job :p

16. Namorat

Namorat Fanatic

+171
    I started to watch it, but I was bored by it very fast. It is "Pocahontas reloaded" and the look was more nauseating than exciting to me and I assume I have stopped watching just before the cool characters came, because after 20 minutes I haven't seen any.
    Furthermore I believe Cameron is one of the most overrated people in the movie business.

17. PoetJC

+2,381
    yehehehehe - Stop hating Eden and WOW did I post that above. Must have been a wonderful bunch of cocktails last nite [​IMG]

18. Daroldi

Daroldi Administrator

+680
    Lol all I know is reading that made my night

19. Namorat

Namorat Fanatic

+171
    Jaquii - Known for making your night since... :D

20. PoetJC

+2,381
    Oh good gawd! It's spelled "v-a-g-i-n-a" ==> AND You should STOP immediately! :banana: [​IMG]

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted